Transfer photos.

January 16th, 2017
Not strictly about taking photographs but hoping the technology minded of you out there can advise.

I want to be able to transfer photos from my sd card to my Samsung galaxy tablet S2. I recently bought an OTG card reader which did work but sent it back because it was so hard to fit to the tablets socket that I was worried the connection would break on my tablet.

Has anyone any better ideas or use anything themselves. I already email photos to myself from the pc but for convenience wanted to go straight to my tablet.

I have looked at wireless card readers and loads of other OTG products, but have no idea what to try next and don't want to waste money.

Thanks very much.
January 17th, 2017
I am not sure about the S2 but I download all my SD cards to my PC - from there I can plug in my Samsung tablet and just copy them over if I want.
January 17th, 2017
i have all apple products and transfer images via the cloud... but i'm not sure whether this option is available if you're not on apple... it's easier than emailing... i just copy the images to my cloud folder on the laptop, then go to the iPad and tap on the cloud icon - and there they are...
January 17th, 2017
you could try dropbox?
January 17th, 2017
Was also going to suggest Dropbox...but not sure tgat sorts your issue as you need to get them off your card/camera 1st. Does your camera have bluetooth?
January 17th, 2017
@annied @northy @irisn Thank you all for your suggestions. I am putting images straight onto the pc now and can then access them if I email them to myself if file size is not too large. Dropbox and using the cloud I hadn't thought of but doesn't really solve how I want to be able to transfer photos to the tablet directly. Thank you for taking time out to read and reply though.

@cottiac yes, I want to be able to transfer directly from the sd card to the tablet. My camera does not have bluetooth or wireless unfortunately.

January 17th, 2017
I'm gonna say - try Maplins. They are usually fab on their service and had you still had your card reader they might well have sorted the cable issue...they usually come up with commen sense solutions to my problems.
January 17th, 2017
@cottiac Thank you. I will look at their site and give them a ring. Hadn't thought of Maplins. Cheers :)
January 17th, 2017
Better still go into a store if there is one nearby. Some techy things are easier seen than described to someone like me who is a not a full geek!
January 17th, 2017
@cottiac Haha! Yes that is a good idea, my description may not be very helpful!
January 17th, 2017
I think your tablet has a micro sd card slot, if so you could try to use a micro sd card with sd card adapter in your camera. then put the micro sd card in your tablet
January 18th, 2017
@deadschool I am sat going "doh" why didn't I think of that!! Great idea Jake, thanks very much.
Write a Reply