Harvard University Just Uploaded A Free Photography Course Online

January 17th, 2017
This was posted on Facebook through the HuffPost Tech UK

If you actually fancy improving your photography beyond the pixels of your iPhone, then Harvard University could have the answer you’re looking for.

Harvard University, listed as the sixth best university in the world in The Times 2016-2017 rankings, is famed for its world-class-teaching and expertise.

But if you don’t fancy coughing up the $43,000 dollars in tuition fees (and don’t forget accommodation costs too) that students paid last year, you can now access a full photography course online instead.

For free.

https://alison.com/courses/Digital-Photography/content

I have just learned that if you want to participate in this course you have until Wednesday 15th February 2017 to complete your study as it will be removed after that date.
January 18th, 2017
@skipt07 thanks for posting!
January 18th, 2017
Very cool. Thanks Skip!
January 18th, 2017
Thanks, I am starting....
January 18th, 2017
Hmm, it looks like this is on an (to me) unfamiliar online course platform. I went ahead and registered anyway, and now they say the course had been offered since 2013 and has been recently withdrawn.
January 18th, 2017
@bsheppard - I don't know what to say Beth. I have only looked at the intro module so far and haven't had any problems. I was surprised that they were offering an online course at no cost. Being that it is 3-4 years old makes sense why. I've never accessed a Harvard online course before. I am almost totally a YouTube student.
January 18th, 2017
It is quite basic, outdated and to be suspended very soon.
January 18th, 2017
I registered last night and just got an email stating the program was being pulled and you have (I think) a week to complete it and purchase a certificate. Guess it was too good to be true!!!
January 18th, 2017
@skipt07 Interesting! I'm glad you could access the course. I wonder if the difference might be due to our location. I hope you enjoy it! :-)
January 18th, 2017
I have been doing this on and off for a bit now. I got an email saying that the course was being pulled but I can still get onto it.
January 18th, 2017
@willowdragon - I just got one too. The course will be up until Wednesday 15th February 2017 to complete it, which I just added to the information above. Thank you!
January 18th, 2017
@froggie0628 I just got an email too that states that it will remain until Wednesday 15th February 2017 to complete your study
January 19th, 2017
Generously shared, Skip, thank you!
January 19th, 2017
@bsheppard @skipt07, I Have easily registered- used my facebook login to do it, and I have gone through some lectures already. It is mainly technical, very basic- it is introduction course- maybe outdated with equipment and software, but basics are basics, especially in optics, so I intend to complete it, to reconnect with basics and I expect it to help me decide on my next lens since my budget is very limited (similar to students). So far I like it. And it will end at Feb 15th
January 19th, 2017
@cherrymartina - πŸ‘ Thank you for sharing about your experience!
Write a Reply