What can I photograph with a broken leg?!

February 17th, 2017
Hi all - suggestions needed please?

This week I foolishly broke my leg while trampolining with the kids! So I am now in a cast for 6 weeks.

So I would really welcome some ideas on what I can photograph while sat down and mostly indoors.

Thank you!

Jo
February 17th, 2017
Heaps and heaps and heaps!

Still life
Shadows
Oil & Water
Macros
Texture Collages

to name a few :-)

Also just noticed that you live in Taunton - which is just about shouting distance from myself in Ilchester! Often in Taunton.

If you have a willing partner, grab a wheel chair and go trundle round Hestercombe Gardens! Or even street photography from the hip would be a different perspective.

Don't forget to document your hospital trips with some photography too!
February 17th, 2017
Visitors
Food
Signatures
Flowers
Macros of objects brought to you
Textures
One object you view at different times/ lighting

Get well soon;)

February 17th, 2017
I went through this a couple of years ago....though it was an ankle so I was up on a scooter after a bit. I took lots of "still lifes" of the table next to the couch, then eventually, I got my DH to take me out for a ride in the car while I shot pictures out the window. You can check out my first couple of weeks, staring here: http://365project.org/houser934/365/2014-05-23 (where I caught a cell phone snap while in the ER.)
February 17th, 2017
How about reflections in items around the house, ICM with brightly coloured objects, family, kitchen items such as forks, unusual angles of things (at our photo club we have a 'what is it?' each year where we take a shot of an everyday item from an unusual angle and then guess what it is, diorama of toys, enter the Macro challenge - Toys, close ups of a flower/flowers hopefully brought to you by lovely visitors! Or if you get to go out if a wheelchair - how about 'a wheelchair eye view' , would show others what its like to be a wheelchair user. Hope you get well soon :-)
February 17th, 2017
You could try a "same object for a week" type challenge.
Macro photography is a world in itself.
If you're a crafter (for want of a better word), Catherine Macbride does some great shots made from paper etc. https://500px.com/catmacbride
February 17th, 2017
A
Portraits of family (kids!)/ pets if you have them, food photography, get your family and friends to bring you flowers...
February 17th, 2017
Ouch, prayers for a quick recovery.

Well,, there's the obvious selfie cast photos.
Unusual shots of every day items, like kitchen gadgets.
Play with various types of lighting.
February 17th, 2017
Bit of wildlife photography in the back garden.
February 17th, 2017
Thanks everyone - some fab ideas.
February 17th, 2017
@cottiac @30pics4jackiesdiamond @houser934 @photobird @humphreyhippo @blueace @homeschoolmom @padlock you might have missed JoMo's response above because she forgot to tag you. It seems as if you all gave her some magnificent ideas to keep her busy well passed the time she is out of the cast.
February 18th, 2017
How about some close ups......pencils, spoons on pretty paper to catch the reflections....items on a mirror to get symmetry.

Hope your leg gets better soon!
February 18th, 2017
Wishing you a speedy recovery- at least you broke it having fun!! I agree with so many of the folks above. Still life, close-ups of everyday things like spatulas, jewelry (I. e. macros of pretty much anything in your house!). I've been known to take shots of the laundry room, shadows on my walls and coming through the blinds, the birds at my birdfeeder (and whatever other little critter might wander through my yard- from the window of course) and my grandchildren when they visit. I read a book by Freeman Patterson (still the best book I've ever read on photography) where he gave the assignment of choosing one room in the house, sitting there for 15 minutes with camera in hand but not taking a shot. you were to look around for that 15 minutes and observe. Then after 15 minutes you could shoot. It really developed my eye to see things in a new and different way. I use that routine everywhere I go now. Believe it or not, you may find that this limitation will actually increase your creativity!
February 18th, 2017
@olivetreeann ooh I'll try that 15 min sitting still. I'll tell Him it's for 365 creativity.
February 19th, 2017
@pixiemac @olivetreeann fab ideas, thanks. Might try the spoon reflections today. Sitting still for 15 mins should prove no problem! I'll give it a go!
February 19th, 2017
How about a picture of you scratching your leg under the cast with a fly swatter? Everybody has seen or done that,, But I have not seen any photos of that.
February 19th, 2017
I think some street photos as said already. Get a wheelchair and give it a go.
Write a Reply