Sponge - New Mundane Challenge

February 25th, 2017
After so long away from the site, it was wonderful to have won the latest mundane challenge! Thank to everyone who voted for my image and to @ariekraaijeveld for hosting.

My turn to choose a mundane object. The list of items already used grows longer, making it so much harder to choose. I have had a few ideas but have decided to go with sponge! You know, the kind that you use for your face, in your bath, in the kitchen and so on… I thought they might have some nice textures...

You are free to use any photographic technique you like to capture this everyday object. The main rule: there can be no question that the object of the challenge (in this case, sponge) is the star!

Please feel free to enter as many times as you like, but your entry must be taken within the challenge time frame to be considered a finalist.

If you want, you are encouraged to share entries on this thread to help inspire others and keep it alive! Also, when you post your shot for the challenge, please cut and paste this link to the thread so folk who are new to the site can see how it works.

Please tag your entries: mundane-sponge
You can see all the entries https://365project.org/tags/mundane-sponge

Challenge timeline:
The competition begins today, 25th February, and will run through until midnight GMT on Saturday 11th March.
Voting will take place over 12/13th March.
I will announce the winner thereafter.

I look forward to seeing your entries!
Have fun!
Debs

Objects so far in this challenge include: ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread, beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush/es, corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box, clock, nail, gears, hinge, wastepaper-basket, hammer, cheese grater, ruler, glasses, gate, chocolate, towel, light-switch, iron, garlic, banana, flip flops, pillow, blinds, plate, keyboard, lens and biscuits
February 25th, 2017
Congrats on your win! Interesting subject.
February 25th, 2017
oooh... interesting... i may actually have an idea for this one!
February 25th, 2017
Will have a go :) I'm intrigued at what @northy is going to do.
February 25th, 2017
February 26th, 2017
@kathyboyles What an interesting sponge, never seen one like this before.

@rjb71 @northy Looking forward to seeing your posts!

@salza Thanks Sally.
February 26th, 2017
@dibzgreasley thanks. It's a bottle washer.
March 8th, 2017

I actually like my sponge...very helpful to have around. Tough to photograph, though.
March 8th, 2017
@houser934 Thanks Kathryn, I like its color and shape!
March 9th, 2017

Hope a metal sponge counts!
Write a Reply