31 Shots for March

February 27th, 2017
A couple of years ago I completed a 31 shots challenge - the idea of this challenge is to take a month’s worth of shots of the same thing. I chose a flowering plant in my garden - and am going to choose a flowering gum for this challenge. People chose a range of different things last time.

The original post is here - http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/21288/31-shots-march-challenge

The photos from last time are here - https://365project.org/tags/31-shots?page=5

I am going to tag my shots 31-shots2017

I would love people to join in!

Thank you to those who are joining in - fabulous ideas and fun photos!
Check out this years posts here - https://365project.org/tags/31-shots2017
February 27th, 2017
a collage of my shots from March 2014

February 27th, 2017
@annied This sounds quite interesting; I believe that it would definitely help me to look at mundane objects in a different light if I can just decide what would make a good subject! Thanks for posting the links to see what has been done in previous years.

To participate, do we just tag our pics throughout the month of March, or do we post in this thread?
February 27th, 2017
@dsp2 I thought we could use the tag 31-shots2017
February 27th, 2017
@dsp2 we can post here too of course
February 27th, 2017
@annied Sounds really challenging Annie, so may give it a go. I will put my thinking cap on today and tomorrow to see if I can find an object that doesn't move.
February 27th, 2017
@annied Thanks! Using the tag sounds good; it will make it easy to see everyone's pics at a glance.
February 27th, 2017
@dibzgreasley last time I think some went as broad as an alley/space...I remember enjoying it ☺
February 27th, 2017
Ooohhhh I like it.
February 27th, 2017
@annied Thanks Annie, i'll give it a go.. this will be really challenging for me..
February 27th, 2017
I'm just about to breathe a sigh of relief after flashofred2017 (I have enjoyed it, too) so I'll have a think about this. Sounds interesting - if I can hack it!
February 27th, 2017
@annied That's an amazing array of shots from just one subject! I don't know if I'd be able to squeeze as much variety out of a single subject, but very interested in the idea of extending it to a space as you mentioned above :)
February 27th, 2017
It sound interesting and challenging. I would really love to do it once. I am not sure I am ready for that, and I have decided to do the rainbow in march this year, but I will follow this challenge posts because I really, really love the idea.
February 27th, 2017
Sounds interesting, Annie, but think going to do Rainbow theme in March along with March words and get pushes!!! Shall follow your March with interest.
February 28th, 2017
@dsp2 @dibzgreasley @newbank @jorlam @quietpurplehaze @m2016 @cherrymartina
thanks for the interest guys.... I will be choosing different photo techniques and settings but will also use processing to add interest - I look forward to seeing pics from those who join in
February 28th, 2017
i do like the sound of this. have to settle on a subject though ?!!!?????
February 28th, 2017
@pistache you can be liberal with your choice I think :)
February 28th, 2017
just checked out your collage, annie - what an amazing collection of shots :)
March 1st, 2017
Annie, I've finally chosen a subject that I think might work, after a couple of failed ideas. So I am in! First shot posted...
March 1st, 2017
1st shot, setting the scene
March 1st, 2017
@dibzgreasley excellent ☺
March 1st, 2017
really cool idea!
March 2nd, 2017
@bellasmom fabulous - have fun
March 2nd, 2017
@annied I forgot it needed to be same thing photographed. Mine will be different mailboxes, so won't fit the theme.
March 2nd, 2017
@bellasmom join anyway....I am not fussy......last time someone chose an alley which is pretty broad anyway....☺
March 2nd, 2017
I am photographing my flowering gum :)

March 2nd, 2017
giving it a try with my cross ring...thanks for starting the challenge Annie! @annied
March 2nd, 2017
@jackies365 oooh that will be interesting Jackie - I look forward to seeing your images :)
March 2nd, 2017
this gum has beautiful pink flowers
March 2nd, 2017
@annied 'Pink' just doesn't seem to describe the vibrant colour seen here, beautiful against that deep blue of the sky..
March 2nd, 2017
@dibzgreasley this looks like it may be mighty interesting, look forward to the unfolding month as we see more..
March 2nd, 2017
Here is my first shot - not a fixed/static object but one i'm happy to use and just hope i manage 31 shots of it..

March 2nd, 2017
@jorlam true...they are much more than pink
March 2nd, 2017
I'm jumping on board, my subject will be my kitchen sink lol
Day 1

Day 2
March 2nd, 2017
@m2016 ha ha yay! how interesting :)
March 3rd, 2017
I'll play. Since I've already taken lots of pictures of my stove, I'm going to see what I can do with the "Audio Center" (really a hand-me-down dresser that's great for holding CDs)...not that we're good at putting them away.

March 3rd, 2017
@houser934 fabulous!
March 3rd, 2017
day 2

March 3rd, 2017
day 3

March 3rd, 2017
Day 3
March 3rd, 2017
@m2016 LOVE IT!!!!!
March 6th, 2017
@m2016 Wowee, fabulous - love your wacky humour..
March 6th, 2017
Day 4

March 14th, 2017
@m2016 This was so cool! Love it!
March 18th, 2017
I am doing the Silver Maple tree in my back yard. This is day 18.
March 18th, 2017
@mittens so glad you joined in...will check it out today
March 22nd, 2017
@tskipper many thanks Tami for your lovely comments, so much appreciated. :-) apologies for the late acknowledgement..
March 27th, 2017
Sam
@annied YAY!!!!!!!
March 27th, 2017
@gigiflower hahahahahahaha
March 27th, 2017
I think I'm going to make it. At least I hope so. :)
March 27th, 2017
@annied This has been more challenging than I expected, but I have enjoyed it and am hopeful that I will finish the 31 days! Thank you, annied for letting us know about this fun challenge!
March 27th, 2017
@mittens I am sure you will :)
March 27th, 2017
@dsp2 I am pleased you've enjoyed it :)
March 27th, 2017
@annied This has been quite an intense exercise. emotions rising with elation when something worked straight off, to frustration when it didn't.. learning work- arounds becomes second nature when practised enough..
i will be on the look-out for a suitable substitute for the statue, for next time...
Annie this has been brilliant, thank you for organising it and for being there with your encouragement.
March 27th, 2017
@jorlam you're most welcome - I am thrilled you have enjoyed the challenge and have thoroughly enjoyed your images
March 30th, 2017
@annied So now that we are almost done...do we have suggestions on how to feature all this hard work? I'd really like to go back and look at what others have done with the challenge. Posting a calendar shot? Linking our favorite of the month? Is there a traditional way to celebrate and share?
March 30th, 2017
@houser934 I am going to start a thread tomorrow - I did a collage kast rime...the one at the top of this thread...will tag everyone when I get the new thread going ☺
Write a Reply