Issues with emailing a pic to your project?

April 29th, 2017
Anyone else have problems using their unique email to get pics to their project?? For me right now, this is the easiest way to get them from my phone to the site. Once in a while the photo will show up quickly, but most times it seems to take hours, if it comes through at all. I've had this issue with different phones, too. Just frustrating to not be able to get a photo up that I'd like to put in my project! :(
April 29th, 2017
@mariam66

I don't use the email option very often, but when I do email to my 365 account from my phone it usually takes several minutes for my pics to show up ready to upload. I usually just assume that hotmail is running slow ...so I just email the pic(s), go do some other tasks, and check later to see if they have made it to 365 yet. If not, I email again and the second time my pics have always showed up.

Anyway, I believe that, in my case at least, the problem is with hotmail rather than 365.
April 30th, 2017
@mariam66 - I exclusively use email to upload to my project and it's never taken more than 5 minutes for the photo to show up. If you're frequently seeing it take more than an hour to get to the site, I'd try sending from a different email source. I'm using Comcast's outgoing mail servers.
April 30th, 2017
I am using the regular drag and drop from my computer. Others can see my new submissions but I cannot. Any suggestions?
April 30th, 2017
@sudweeks Well that seems, so far, to have been the trick! Both Outlook and Gmail were taking forever (or not showing up at all). I switched to an old Yahoo acct I have but rarely use, and sure enough, there were my photos in about 5 minutes. Thank you!!
April 30th, 2017
@deu49097 Is this when you first post them?....or all the time? Often when I first post, I can't see the picture, but I just refresh the page and then it shows up for me. I haven't had an "all the time" issue, though.
May 1st, 2017
@deu49097 - sounds like your browser is displaying an old cached page instead of going out and downloading the new page. I'd try clearing your cache and temporary internet files.

This page will show you how to do it with whatever browser you're using. https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867904
Write a Reply