Maternity shoot

May 21st, 2017
My son has asked me to take photos of his wife and her cousin for a joint maternity shoot. All new to me. I can certainly get ideas on Pinterest and there is a local photographer I think does stunning work. Just wondering if you had tips for me!
May 21st, 2017
Don't shoot in harsh sunlight - find shady areas if shooting during the day. Shoot in the golden hour if you can. If you must shoot in sun, get a diffuser and a helper - that helped with my maternity shoot that I did for my niece. Here's my gallery if you want to get any ideas: http://www.photorandoms.com/Katlyn-Maternity/
May 21st, 2017
some of my favorites are indoors at their home. this is tricky if you don't have proper lighting but open any windows that you can. I use the bed...preferably dressed in white linens, a couch, nursery...all great for a future reference as to where the family started. you can also include family pets if there are any! I like to get house address in a photo too for reference. seat them on the steps outside or have them stand close to the address! silhouettes are nice to show off that baby bump! have fun!
May 22nd, 2017
@jackies365 that's an excellent idea. Thanks so much!
May 22nd, 2017
@not_left_handed thanks you for the specifics and your link. I love how natural your photos are.
May 22nd, 2017
Oh good luck! Natural light, a reflector with a helper. Do you have a 35 or 50mm with wide aperture? A nice portrait lens will help! How exciting!!!
May 22nd, 2017
And I Know this is not humans solely, but I got this great shot being next to a window with great light. That plus a good lens made it easy!
May 22nd, 2017
@darylo Thanks for your input at another important date in their lives! We are all excited. Your photo above is exquisite. I hope the weather cooperates this time. When I did their announcement, it was raining terribly and the light did not cooperate! This time around, we should have more flexibility.
May 22nd, 2017
@danette Somehow, I feel like I'm family :)
Write a Reply