Shoot without looking - 2

May 26th, 2017
Thanks for voting for my image!

This new challenge was started by Kathy @kathyboyles. She describes it as follows: 'This is a fun challenge where luck followed by creativity produces your entry. The idea is to take a photo without looking through the lens of the camera, then produce something interesting from the result.'

Some call it 'Shooting from the hip', often used in street photography.

The shot without looking can be taken any way your camera will perform. Shots without looking need to come from within the timeframe of the challenge, but overlays and other material can come from any time within your material. Cropping of the shot without looking is discouraged. Perfection is not the point. Interest and creativity is. You can enter as many times as you want.

The challenge will begin today, Friday 26th of May and will end on Sunday mid-night 11th of June.

Please label your entries: swol-2

You can post your photos here to encourage others to join in. Happy shooting!
May 26th, 2017
@carolineb7 @dawnee @ingajohansson @kali66 @kathyboyes @linnypinny @olivetreeann @overalvandaan @pistache @robz @salza @sarahlth

If you would like to be added to the list for future notifications, let me know and I'll add you.
May 27th, 2017
@overalvandaan Yes, please. I'd like to try more of these shots!
May 27th, 2017
I would like to give this a go. It's something that I have not tried before
May 27th, 2017
@linnypinny @salza looking forward to your entries :-)
May 31st, 2017
I would like to encourage people to enter this challenge. It is great fun. Basically you point your camera at something and shot without looking. See what you get. The idea is that you can combine images, edit them but not crop. I have found that I have ended up with some unusual images.
As yet I am the only one who has entered so it would be great if others could keep me company.
Here is one of my entries to give you an idea
May 31st, 2017
Yes please add me in
May 31st, 2017
@sarahlth thanks for the heads up! I'll set up a reminder later this week. @dawnee I've added you now. Looking forward to your entry!
May 31st, 2017
@overalvandaan many thanks
June 6th, 2017
@overalvandaan I don't understand a few things: "overlays and other material can come from any time within your material. ""You can combine pictures and edit. " could you please clarify for us beginners? Thank you very much
June 6th, 2017
Here's mine - 4 random shots from waving my camera round at the white cupboards behind my desk, combined together in layers + a coloured overlay! I am liking this technique!

June 6th, 2017
@caterina Its not compulsary, but you can combine images in Photoshop of lightroom. My photo above is made from 4 separate photos that I have placed on top of each other in Photoshop. I then adjusted the opacity of each layers so they showed through (a bit like layers of tracing paper with different pictures on them). Over the top of the combined picture, I added a blue textured layer. You can download 'textures' - basically they are just random patterns of colour or you can make your own simply by photographing things like walls or peeling paint. YOu use the textures to add a bit of interest :) Does that help?
June 6th, 2017
kay
hello another question from a new beginner , so when I have captured a random shot without looking can I then edit it and add colour or design I use Picasa for effects is this allowed?
June 6th, 2017
Hi Caterina @caterina, Caroline @carolineb7 has explained it perfectly.
You can edit as you like, if you want to add effects from Picasa, that's fine Kay @lovingandsharing.
June 6th, 2017
kay
thank you for reply, so tomorrow I can have some fun, something different to try. now Iam not sure how to send, upload the photo,? all a learning process lol
June 6th, 2017
You can upload like you normally do to your album. When you upload there is a possibility to add a tag, just add the tag: swol-2
Good luck and looking forward to your photo!
June 6th, 2017
@overalvandaan @carolineb7 thank you both for the explanation. I am afraid that it's a little too early for me. Maybe next time. Have a good night
June 7th, 2017
@overalvandaan Wow...this was harder than I thought. Walking around carrying my cell phone at my side, shooting randomly without looking. Then sorting through endless unbelievably boring pictures of my shoe or crooked roads...and then....there...in the middle of pack, one halfway decent gem of a capture--and certainly a picture that I would never had taken if I had been framing it. Thanks for the challenge.

June 8th, 2017
@houser934 hihi crooked roads and shoes, nice effect created with the blur and light.
Write a Reply