Copyright problems...again.

July 19th, 2017
I have a suspicion that someone is posting some pictures that they did not take and it bothers me but I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Here is an older discussion posted by Ross that I thought I would share to remind people about stealing other peoples photos.

http://365project.org/discuss/general/1302/copyright-theft-is-illegal-stop-it
July 19th, 2017
As Ross says himself, why not let him know of your concerns and he can investigate. He's not the Secret Police (or, at least, I'm pretty sure he's not!) so you won't be getting anyone "into trouble". If it turns out you're wrong, you and they have nothing to worry about. If you're right, they'll have their account deleted.
July 19th, 2017
Are you including here when someone has replicated a copyrghted work without acknowledging it is a copy or the actual artist? I've seen that several times...
July 19th, 2017
@granagringa No, Granagringa, I don't have a problem if someone wants to replicate a piece of work as it is still their own shot.

I'm having a problem with someone who posts someone else's work and does not acknowledge it as someone else's and lets us assume it is their shot.
July 19th, 2017
it really is too bad when someone does that... do you think they will see this post?
July 19th, 2017
I am so sad that someone would do that. I can't even figure out why. there is nothing at stake here like prizes. what would be the reason to claim someone else's work as your own? very weird.
July 20th, 2017
As Peter says, I'd definitely bring it to Ross' attention. But I think you can also do some sort of URL search- maybe someone here will know what that is. At any rate let Ross know.
July 20th, 2017
@olivetreeann I think u mean tineye.com

July 20th, 2017
@northy I am hoping they will see this discussion thread, Northy. Tineye has been somewhat helpful.
July 20th, 2017
@northy Thanks- not familiar with that- but it's probably similar to what I was thinking of.
July 20th, 2017
If it's the same person that I've been wondering about then I believe that you may be right. Even the Exif info is "off" .
If someone is willing to steal someone else's work then I think that, if suspicions can be confirmed, they should be bought to task over it.
July 20th, 2017
@mittens Marilyn, you really should send an email to Ross with the link to the person so he could investigate and take the right decision.
July 20th, 2017
July 20th, 2017
I agree with the the consensus email Ross with your suspicions, coping someones work and posting as your own is always wrong and can be so easily be checked using the Exif information:)
July 20th, 2017
I'm all for naming and shaming - I am tired of people - in all aspects of life - getting away with inappropriate behaviour - they need to face the consequences of their actions
July 22nd, 2017
It is very bad and sad.
I find it a good idea to put an individual signature on your photo
Write a Reply