Problems with Elements 15.

July 22nd, 2017
Hi all Elements users, I would appreciate some help! I've had Adobe customer care trying to resolve my issue, without any luck. The problem is that I cannot get my edited photos from Elements to LR! Can anyone please tell me how I can get my photo's from Elements posted to 365? Claude Trew @claudiet, April Casey @aecasey or Lynn Todd @ltodd, Joys Focus @joysfocus, can you maybe help me on this one? You got me sorted out in LR 😉 Thanks , this is the last step needed, for me to start posting from my laptop and not my cell.
July 22nd, 2017
@ludwigsdiana do you know exactly on your laptop where the folder is, that the photos from Elements are stored Diana? Are you using a windows or mac machine?
July 22nd, 2017
@ludwigsdiana it seems to be a common problem Diana - https://agilepainrelief.com/notesfromatooluser/2007/03/lightroom_tip_h.html#.WXNP6YpLdE4
Depending on how many photos you have in your PSE catalogue, you can consider importing from the original images but you would lose any editing & tagging you have done in PSE.
July 22nd, 2017
@ltodd Thanks for the prompt reply Lynn. I have windows and do admit I sometimes have problems getting photo's into the right folder, then finding it! I have been playing around all day and figured out a way. I will just reimport them to LR. I must admit that I enjoy playing around in PSE. Thanks so much for your help, itis very much appreciated 💐
July 22nd, 2017
@ludwigsdiana I well remember being so confused by LR for the first 3 months !! LR will be faster than PSE once you get used to it, & http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html might help you ease into it - half way down the page is Getting started in Lightroom CC: Importing photos from your computer. "Discover how to quickly import photos from your computer into Lightroom." sing out if you get stuck...
July 22nd, 2017
@ltodd Thanks Lynn, I have no problem with LR anymore as I bought the book to go with it. I only got PSE a few weeks ago as I love to play around with it. I have ordered the book but it will only be here in anout 2 weeks time. The issue about the in PSE edited photo's not appearing in LR again is an issue which could not be resolved 😓 Thanks a lot.
July 23rd, 2017
@ltodd i'm grateful for that link lyn - just starting out with lr, and it looks as though these might be very helpful :)
July 23rd, 2017
@pistache no problems Clare - I know there are plenty of tutorials available online, but Phlearn & Julianne Kost would be among the ones I have learnt the most useful information from.
July 23rd, 2017
@ltodd Thanks Lynn, I just looked into the link and it seems quite amazing. I will definately watch the tutorials too :-)
July 23rd, 2017
@ltodd Once again, thanks for your help and support Lynn. I have finally done my editing in LR and layers in Elements.I even managed to upload! I hope it will look ok as I am on new ground now. Without you and April I don"t think I could have managed. Btw, do you use PSE? I was surprised that the size was too big, so I had to crop the photo's! Many thanks 💐
July 23rd, 2017
@ltodd @pistache I do have one more question. When I upload, is it the amount of pixels that change the size of the photo? I see that some are larger than others? Thanks
July 23rd, 2017
@ludwigsdiana yes - you can do some tricky resizing automatically in LR - 2048 pixels on the longest side is best - I will find the link to a good tutorial to follow. Also 86% quality is perfectly good enough for web viewing.
July 23rd, 2017
PS - well done on getting some images out straight away!! ( and finding them!) https://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-size-and-export-images-from-lightroom-for-facebook-and-print/ I use -- 2048 pixels on the long side ticked ; limit size to 1,800 KB; - sRGB colour, JPG; sharpen for screen low, 96 pixels per inch.... set all of those settings, then "ADD" on the left & name it & it will be there always when you right click on an image....Expport....

You can also automatically down size & send via email through Export...For Email... ( is under presets on top left side)

Both downsizing will not crop, so you can change the crop or original image at any time in the future.
July 23rd, 2017
@ltodd Lynn, you are a star! Thanks a million for taking the time to guide me through all these issues. It is s very much appreciated. It's always difficult to start something new, if you are set on your old ways of doing things. I am really loving 365 and would like to do my best! Have a great Sunday
July 23rd, 2017
@ltodd sorry, that went too quick. 💐🌞
Write a Reply