Feel invited to the Macro FOOD PACKAGING Challenge!

September 26th, 2017
Thank you all for looking, commenting and voting on the last Macro 'music' Challenge which was so perfectly hosted by Peter @peadar. Thank you so much, Peter!
I feel very honored to be the host of this new macro challenge with the topic:

*** FOOD PACKAGING ***

What a huge amount of packaging we throw away each day! In our household it's mainly a big heap of plastic and paper. Lots of food stuff is totally unnecessary wrapped or packed in loads of plastic, polystyrene, cardboard or paper. I thought it's worth while to take a closer look at the food packaging that's been thrown out so negligent the whole day long. Notwithstanding the fact that (hopefully) most of it gets recycled somehow.

Just try to imagine what great pics could come out of this topic when you start looking with your macro eyes to empty, often intriguing deformed cans, tins, paper, cardboard, plastic, synthetics or polystyrene!
For example you can think of: take away food wrappings, meat in plastic or polystyrene, coffee cups/pads, milk and soft drinks packs, beer cans, yoghurt cups, chips/candy/coockie bags, beans/tomato tins, plastic (reclosable) bags... anything that will be thrown out and had food in it. I see endless photo opportunities arise on the horizon!
It's okay when the packaging contains some traces of food but it's supposed to be 'food free'.

PLASTIC BOTTLES, GLASS and WOOD will be EXCLUDED from this challenge.

Please TAG your photo's (as many as you like): macro-foodpackaging.
Feel free to enter them in this thread so it stays visible in that wild jungle of challenges.

The challenge starts today, Tuesday, September 26th and will run till the end of Wednesday, October 11th (just use your own local time zone). Then I'll select a few finalists and set up a voting asap.

Think of special backgrounds, creative angles and different (back)light situations. Please do consider the possibility of sharpen/focus your image on just a detail and let the rest be vague, as long as it's comfortable to the viewer's eye ;-)

I hope this topic gives you enough food for thought every time you open your bin to throw away something that could be a potentially great macro pic ;-)

I wish you all lots of macro fun in playing with food packaging (hope you won't see too many germs) ;-)
September 26th, 2017
Excellent. I love this idea. Did you know that it was recycle week in the UK?
September 26th, 2017
@helenhall Haha, what a coincidence. I didn't know.
September 27th, 2017
Congratulations on the win, well deserved. I'm looking forward to getting to grips with food packaging - no shortage of objects in our house!
September 27th, 2017
@peadar Thanks.
Great, Peter. Unwrap yourself and GO for it ;-)
September 28th, 2017
September 28th, 2017
first try:

Never Mask Its Transparency

September 28th, 2017
Well, here's one:

September 28th, 2017
And another:

September 29th, 2017
September 30th, 2017
my effort
October 12th, 2017
This challenge is now closed. Thanks for the entries. I'll set up a voting asap :-)
Write a Reply