New Milton UK

October 14th, 2017
Bit of a long shot but I have to visit a potential customer next Thursday in New Milton which sits between the new forest and the south coast. Just wondering if any one has any suggestions of where I could stop for a bit of photography. The coast is a pull but then the New Forest also sounds appealing. I won't have a lot of time to spare but hopefully an hour or two should be possible.. if anyone has any ideas please post them .

Thanks

Richard
October 15th, 2017
Hi Richard - this is my neck of the woods and it really depends on what the weather is like. You can get a cracking view of the Needles from Milford on Sea. Hurst Spit is an interesting place (and Hurst Castle at the end) and there are often kite surfers around. Beaulieu is very picturesque too - both the village and the house. If you're after ponies (and an excellent cream tea), I'd go for a bimble around Burley way. There's a nice ford at Rockford Common and a deer viewing spot at Bolderwood (there are also some acceptable public toilets here and at Milford on Sea cliffs). Enjoy!
October 15th, 2017
@humphreyhippo Thanks for the info the Needles or Hurst Castle sound appealing although the weather forcast is not so great at the moment. Sounds like I could do with a couple of days to cover all of it!
October 16th, 2017
A visit to Beaulieu could include Bucklers Hard.
October 17th, 2017
I agree with Humphrey or you could go to Lymington harbour where there are sailing boats. Really depends what your interests are. My father in law lives in new Milton. I am always itching to get out to take some shots but never seem to get chance. Good luck
October 17th, 2017
@quietpurplehaze @sarahlth Thanks for the ideas. I suspect time will not be on my side as it's a 4 hour drive plus meeting so I may head to the coast to get a view of the Needles and take it from there.
October 19th, 2017

Well it wasn't the best day I did make it down to the coast but it was very grey and over cast. I did manage a quick shot of the moorland on my way back through the New Forest. I may have to visit again so will hope for better weather!
Write a Reply