Does anyone use acdsee?

November 18th, 2017
I got myself a new computer about a year ago and since I wanted to try out Lightroom I started using Lightroom and Photoshop CC. Earlier on I had Photoshop and Elements installed on the computor so I'm used to the Photoshop workflow but quite new to Lightroom.

To be honest, I think the CC is a bit pricy in the long run and am thinking of other options. Now I have read some about acdsee and would like to hear your opinion about it. One of my concernes is that I might loose the fun Nik collection but on the oter hand, there might be other options.

If you use acdsee, do you use another editing program as a complement?

Thanks for all your input.
November 18th, 2017
Hi Inga, yes I use acdsee, for all the basic stuff and as complement to other processing programms. But I have the versions you have no layers, so I use it only as complement to Photoshop Elements. CC dit not work for me as we did not have for a long time a good enough internet connection. I really like acdsee for importing, storing, categorizing, etc. and quick edits. The RAW editer works fine for my camera. It has some actions and special effects, but IMHO it is not comparable with the easy NIK collection. If you think about buying it, try first the 30 days trial. In this time you can really get to know it a bi and you often get some special offers, where it is a bit cheaper, than the list price. I'm not a genius in using it, but if you have any questions "how to", do not hesitate to get in touch with me, if you can cope with my limited english.
November 18th, 2017
Hi Inga, have you tried Topaz Studio? I have Lightroom and Elements which I like very much. As Topaz Studio is free, I thought I might give it a try. I really love it and would not want to miss it. The only problem is that the basics are all free but you have to pay if you go pro. You have a 30 day trial on all extras. It was recommended by @joansmor.
November 19th, 2017
@mona65 Thank you for your input. The idea of doing a trial is good so I will do that when I have a little more time to do experimenting. And I guess your english isn't worse than mine so we will get along alright :)
November 19th, 2017
@ludwigsdiana Hi Diana, I downloaded Topaz a week ago and haven't been able to try it out that much yet. I hope it will be of use when I get some more time for computor work (lazy christmas holiday).
November 19th, 2017
@ingajohansson I would not like to be without it anymore ;-)
November 20th, 2017
November 24th, 2017
@ingajohansson Hi Inga, just wanted to let you know, if you already had the time to check on the software. acdsee has a black Friday offer, with different discounts.
November 24th, 2017
@mona65 Thank you Mona, I will check it out.
Write a Reply