Challenges

November 19th, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that a couple of regular challenges have disappeared. i.e
WWYDW and MFPIAC? These two were the one's I enjoyed a lot. I've had a look back and it seems that the winners of these two competitions are not posting anymore, so probably are not aware they had won. Is there still interest out there in these 2 challenges or have they used up their shelf life? If there is interest, I'm happy to host the next rounds to get them going again.
November 20th, 2017
I haven't done the WWYDW challenge but have when I am able taken part in the MFPIAC - even if I didn't participate I always enjoyed looking at the entries for that one
November 20th, 2017
WWYD162 seems to have died by apathy. 162 seems to be the last one posted, perhaps you could contact the winner and see what they want to do. Life happens.
November 20th, 2017
Since I do the weekly SH*T list, I quite often notice when challenges just die either because finalists are not chosen, the winner is not announced, or the winner does not get the next one going again.
I have always felt uncomfortable to send a friendly poke to whoever needs the reminder ... don't want to be a busy body in someone's life.
There are a lot of challenges out there and it can get overwhelming but I think that as long as there are members entering challenges they should continue.
I also think that it is okay if there are only a few entries for a particular challenge. Yes, it is better to have great participation but then, not every challenge will have a ton of entries for any number of reasons.
So, if there are only 5 entries, either post all as finalist or reduce the number to two or three, If there are 8 - reduce the finalists to 4. The challenges and voting should be flexible - like everyone says - your project, your rules!

I guess what I am saying, Carole - I think you should go for it! Would love to see those challenges rejuvenated.
November 20th, 2017
AS the host of WWYD162, I have contracted the winner to see if you plans anything, If not I will ask the runner up to take it on
November 20th, 2017
There have been a few hosts lately who've had some obstacles to overcome but eventually they posted (with apologies for being late). I think it's a good idea to try and contact the winner first and see if there might be a problem. If they can't host the next one, contact the former host and see what they want to do. I take part in the WWYD challenge a lot but not usually the MFPIAC- although I do vote for that one. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
November 25th, 2017
Thanks for mentioning this Carole - I enjoy both of the challenges that you mentioned because they both encourage you to develop editing skills. It would be a shame if they just disappeared. Lots of good ideas above.
November 25th, 2017
Altho I haven't participated in those challenges, I too would like to see them...I know that in cases there have been so few entries that the challenges seem to be dropped. And also, people sometimes just disappear from 365...Not sure how much either of these have to do with the two challenges you mentioned, but also think it would be a good idea to check in with last winners and find out if they are still active and willing to host, and if not, someone else take it on...good luck.
November 26th, 2017
@yorkshirekiwi @annied @farmreporter @olivetreeann @granagringa

I have looked at the number of images posted over the last few months. At the beginning of September it was over 800, while during November it had been 400-500 so I guess there had been a fall off in numbers and hence less people to take part in the challenges and host them.
I have certainly noticed that on the challenges that I have hosted there has been less entries.
Write a Reply