*NEW*- Macro Challenge - Christmas Decoration

December 17th, 2017

Thank you so much Christina Benge @christinabengephotography , for hosting the macro challenge for Game Piece. A BIG Thank you to all who participated (entered/viewed/voted). Another very big Thank You to everyone who voted for my entry. I am very pleased to be hosting this challenge round.

Now I know this is a very hectic time, so much to do, and we are all very busy doing non photographic activities. I know at this time of the year that some of our regular challenges take a break or Festive pause.
However this is also the time of the year when we have all around us a subject that is perfect for macro photography, giving hundreds of opportunities for some fabulous macro images. I would like to bet that, wherever you are reading this post, if you pause and look up you will see this new subject.

So although this is such a busy time, it is also the easiest period in the entire year to capture, and post your entry of the this challenges new subject.

The theme for this round will be Christmas Decoration.
Bearing in mind the busy time of year and in order to encourage as many of your wonderful images as possible, I am giving quite a wide scope to this macro challenge.

Definition of Christmas Decoration: Any item used indoors / outdoors to decorate your home or Christmas tree to give a festive feeling. Eg. Baubles, glittery stars, tinsel, garlands, tree top fairies, etc.

The only thing limiting this subject is your imagination, so get out your cameras and start flooding this challenge with some of your marvellous macro images.

Please tag your photos with: macro-decoration

Although it’s not required, please consider posting your entries on this thread to keep interest in the challenge as well as keep it bumped to the top of the forum.

The challenge starts Sunday 17th December , and will end at Midnight (Eastern Time) Saturday December 30th . Entries must be taken and posted within those dates. I will then compile a list of finalists and call out for voting in the following week.

Previous topics include: hands, music, food packaging, brushes, motion, candy, knobs, buttons, cutlery, wood, eye, jewelry, stationery, fruit or fruits, water drops, St. Patrick’s Day, feathers, food, rust, leaf, herb/spice, money, tools, shells, toys, textures, bubbles, bugs, flowers, seeds, music, key, game piece, and now Christmas decoration.

Many thanks to those who voted and participated last time I hope you will join in this round 😊: @granagringa @cristinaledesma33 @milaniet @linnypinny @brett101 @dmdfday @northy @yorkshirekiwi @byrdlip @summerfield @salza @kathyboyles @taffy @888rachel @rjb71 @annied @sunshinepix @m2016 @365projectorgjenfurj @30pics4jackiesdiamond @kali66 @sarahlth @kiwinanna @hrb73 @olenadole @anniesue @wenbow @pcoulson @suzanne234 @amyk @kjarn @rumpelstiltskin @inthecloud5 @wendyfrost @stimuloog @graycie @pistache @frappa77 @mathilde22cat @joemuli @ethelperry @vincent24 @ludwigsdiana @robz @joansmor @Cherrill @ksmale @allie912 @fbailey @cjrussell12 @christinabengephotography

December 17th, 2017
Here is mine.. I'm sure I'll capture more throughout the week though :). Awesome theme, congrats again on your awesome chess image!

December 17th, 2017
Oh goodie, an excuse to do more pics of my decorations!!

You're going to be inundated, enjoy shortlisting!!!

December 17th, 2017
@30pics4jackiesdiamond No problem, Jackie, the more the merrier.
December 18th, 2017
I’m looking forward to all the entries! This is a fun challenge.
December 18th, 2017
December 23rd, 2017
December 26th, 2017
December 29th, 2017
How do you post a photo in the comments?
December 30th, 2017
Just under the wire but here's my entry:
December 30th, 2017
@rachealspictures Go to the date where your picture is posted and under the photo, on the right hand side, you'll see a little curvy arrow. If you click on that it will give you an embedding code. Copy that, bring it here and paste it in your post and your picture should show up.
December 30th, 2017
@rachealspictures Hi Racheal, Joanne has just beaten me to answering your question. However I will post my answer anyway.

To add pictures to the discussion click on the ellipsis underneath your photo (next to number of comments / favs) and then copy the embed code from the box and paste it in as your reply here.

@gardencat Thank you Joanne.
December 30th, 2017
@rachealspictures Don't forget Racheal if you wish to enter the challenge you need to tag your posts.

Click on the edit icon, ( the little square after the date with a pen shape in it), go down to tags and type macro-decoration and then SAVE. This will then put it with all the other entries.

This is the same procedure for all the other challenges on here, you just use the relevant tag.
December 30th, 2017

Here's my effort a macro. I'm not even sure I am posting this correctly. I tried to follow Joanne's directions. Here goes.
December 30th, 2017
@judyc57 Thank you Judy, yes that's fine. It's the same technique for any of the other challenges or discussions in here.
January 1st, 2018
@gardencat @markp I missed this but thank you for the info. I have never tried a challenge. I just might!
Write a Reply