So Who Runs/Curates This Place Now?

January 16th, 2018
Howdy!

I used to be active here about 7-8 years ago, and reactivated my "ace membership" just now only to find that apparently all my old photos have gone. Where they've gone I'm not sure, but I imagine it's pretty dark there.

So, does Ross still run this? The Twitter account appears dead. Wondering if there's any chance of former photo retrieval, or at least confirmation that it's all been lost to the magnetic winds of hard drive time.

Ta!

Steve
January 16th, 2018
Hi - Ross @scrivna still runs the site.
January 16th, 2018
Hi - yes Ross still runs 365 although he has now moved abroad. If you post a message @Scrivna he will pick it up. I believe that photos are deleted after a long period of inactivity although if you were an Ace member there may be some way of retrieval. Lots of the themes, activities and challenges are sort of self perpetuating by great long time members. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will answer soon. Welcome back!
January 16th, 2018
Welcome back Steve
January 16th, 2018
I have been trying to contact Ross myself this week through email, but no luck as yet. I am having trouble renewing my ace , it keeps cancelling it even though the card is accepted!
Steve I think if you renewed and your photos are still gone you may have left it too long, there is a time limit.
@bilbaroo is doing the weekly theme, maybe she knows where he is?
January 17th, 2018
heard from Ross today , just for the record :)
January 17th, 2018
Ross' latest pics are still from Vancouver which is where he was a year ago when I visited there.
January 18th, 2018
Hey, yep, still here, still running the site :-)
January 18th, 2018
Mo
Is there anyway of printing ones photos out from this site? I am new to it. At the end of the year I might try and make a little book of my images if I can.
January 18th, 2018
@mozza Hi Mo - there's no current way to print directly from the site. You're best options are either to make sure you have tagged all your 365 photos in Lightroom and create a book from there, or download something like Blurb's Booksmart app ( http://www.blurb.co.uk/booksmart). You can populate the template every day as you post and at the end of the year, you just upload and order your book.
January 19th, 2018
Mo
Many thanks for your reply Humphrey. I am not sure my tech abilities are good enough, but I shall try and give blurb a go. Thank you for the web addresses as well.
January 19th, 2018
@mozza Just for another option: Each year I create a half-page-sized document in Word; each day (or week or so!) I add my photo of the day and narrative to it. (PowerPoint also works well for this.) At the end of the year I save it as a pdf, so I at least have an eBook of my 365. Word and PowerPoint compress the pics too much to make a decent print book, though ...I am still looking for an affordable option for that!
January 19th, 2018
Mo
Many thanks Dinah. That sounds easier, but yes we need a cheap option for printing it out! I am finding it quite fascinating saving a photo a day. Makes me realise how much we have to be thankful for. I only started on 1st January.
January 20th, 2018
Hello again @kjarn ! :)

Thanks for the infos all :)

And hello again @Scrivna it's cool to see things still going after all this time! But one specific question for you Ross: as I've renewed my Ace, but all my photos and everything appear to still be gone... they're gone forever, right? No chance it's just a "retrieve photos from archive" gearman/rabbitmq/whatever scheduled task that's messed up?
January 20th, 2018
If your account was completely closed then yes I am afraid they are gone, we remove them to reduce costs, so there’s no archive.
January 21st, 2018
It was never closed, it's still this account - but I get the feeling they're gone anyway. Oh well!
Write a Reply