Team! I need your help!!

June 18th, 2018
So... there is something a little crazy about what happens when I export images from LR and then load up on 365. For some time now I've noticed that the the number on my Exif - dpi data is a little crazy (ie its not a simple 300dpi for example..) and its driving me a little nutty.
So if some kind soul could refresh my memory and sizing on export that would be super! I'm aware that the dpi to printing rather than screen - but i'd still like to get it sorted.
So i just want a nice little 300dpi rather than what looks like a serial number.
X Resolution: 1229848654/5420030 dpi
Y Resolution: 3160388/3 dpi
Some examples of what my correct settings should be would be lovely.
thanks Brigette

June 18th, 2018
For my exports from Lightroom that I am sending to 365 I check "resize to fit - Long Edge" under "image sizing" and then I set my pixels to 1,024 and resolution to 300. If I'm uploading to Flickr I double my pixels to 2048 as Flickr will show the larger file. Hope that helps!
June 18th, 2018
I have been advised to set the resolution to 72 when putting images on the web because they look fine on a screen and are less use it anyone decided to pinch the image

June 18th, 2018
@aecasey @sarahlth thanks team
Yes I am doing this and have changed between 72 and 300 depending on image
Makes no difference! Still get wired long number
June 18th, 2018
@sarahlth I’ve heard same
Not sure my images are pinch worthy!
June 19th, 2018
@aecasey @sarahlth thank you for taking tge time to respond 😊 2 out of 122 views wasn’t a good hit rate 😞
June 19th, 2018
I'm not sure this discussion will help, but here's some very comprehensive sizing information put together by the Sandbox group a few years ago: https://365project.org/discuss/general/26933/optimising-file-sizes-for-posting-to-365
June 19th, 2018
@aecasey thanks April, it used to be fine so I just don’t know what’s happened
Outside of 365 I got some feedback from a LR expert who said the size was good but couldn’t explain the crazy dpi numbers 😣😕
Write a Reply