July Word of the Month Request

June 24th, 2018
School is out and I can now devote more time to this wonderful project! Now if we would get some warmer weather, it would be perfect – LOL!

It is once again time to submit suggestions for next month’s words.

I will be taking suggestions until Friday evening, (June 29th) with the intention of doing up the list then as well.

It continually does my heart good to see how many people participate in this great challenge. Your constant support makes the task of coordinating the word of the month a true pleasure. A HEART felt thank you, as usual, is in order here!

The theme months seem to be very popular so feel free to suggest what we can do for July along with your suggestions for the word of the month. The 30 Day Wild worked so well in June but there is nothing special going on for July that I know of so maybe Word of the Month can take a lead and start something new. When I say something special, I mean Flash of Red, half and half, 30 Days Wild, or that sort of thing.

Please do not worry if someone has already suggested your word - I will know how popular it is when I see it submitted more than once and will be sure to include it.

Have a great week!
June 24th, 2018
Fireworks
June 24th, 2018
Holiday (or vacation as I think the Americans would call it!)

Music

Will have a ponder on the "something special" idea......nothing yet....

June 24th, 2018
@joemuli
Will definitely use that one, Joey!
June 24th, 2018
@casablanca
August will be Alphabet August again. That was a huge success last year.
We did choose your J word on Fridays last year for July ... not as successful.
June 24th, 2018
Sorry not joined in at all this month- doing wildlife and words proved far too difficult for my little brain. Oh we have a heat-wave happening here- just bragging.

arbour
unusual
ghostly
underneath
sunshine
treat(s)

Like idea of doing alphabet again

June 24th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond
You silly girl! I had organized June words to correspond with the 30 Days Wild so that people (like you) could tag them with both tags! lol!
June 24th, 2018
@farmreporter That's weird, I haven't done word of the month before! This was my first one. Last year I had my hands full just trying to manage a photo a day for my first year lol. Made it by the skin of my teeth out of sheer gritted teeth determination!! A friend had challenged me to join for one year. Amazed I am still here now in year 2, but I do like this community. Alphabet sounds like fun. Must be wild trying to find something for X!
June 24th, 2018
@casablanca alphabet is HARRRRRRRD!!
@farmreporter duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 26th, 2018
John Phillips Souza - just kidding
Marching band
Parades
Watermelon
Hot dogs
Old Glory
Vacation
Swimming hole
Lakes
Beach
Dogs
Cats
Baseball
June 26th, 2018
I have an idea that I’ve been hearing too much nasty negativity and it would be fun to post pictures of acts of kindness or good news.
June 26th, 2018
@pandorasecho What a great idea! Will do!
June 26th, 2018
@louannwarren
Thank you for the word suggestions. Who is John Phillips Sousa, BTW?
Must google him!
June 26th, 2018
He wrote many marching, patriotic songs for America and marching bands always play his songs!
June 27th, 2018
Oh no, it's that time again. Didn't we just do this? LOL Times needs to slow down.

butterfly
flag
purple
yellow
wildlife
fireworks
water
flower
June 29th, 2018
I can’t wait to get a new list with ideas Wendy is it’s so much fun.

In the Netherlands there are a lot of music festivals in july.
Music
BBQ always a favorite to burn meat In great quantities.
Boats, ships, anything that will float
Fruit
Hay in our calender haymonth
Flowers
June 29th, 2018
I didn't manage many of this month's words, hopefully I'll do better in July.
How about

landscape
flowers
refraction
camping
travel / holiday
long exposure
weather
bokeh
June 30th, 2018
@mittens
I'm with you about the time racing by. Thanks for the suggestions.
June 30th, 2018
@jacqbb
It is so good that so many people enjoy doing this. It's what makes this all worthwhile!
June 30th, 2018
@merrelyn
Not to worry about how many words you do. They are there for pleasure and fun. Like you, I have months when I do almost every word and then I have months when I get very few as well.
I really appreciate it when you do participate.
Write a Reply