WINNER of the Street-45 Competition

June 25th, 2018
Congratulations, Issi Bannerman, @jamibann on your winning photo “High Jinx.” All of the entries in this cycle of Street were brilliant and competition was high. Well done!

Over to you for the new tag of Street-46

June 25th, 2018
Issi, @jamibann you asked about how to do this......here's a few thoughts to help.

If you check out my original posting, you’ll see how to set it up. Pick your dates - usually around 3 weeks for this one - and post it as a New Topic under the Themes and Competitions section. When you see any friend’s photos in passing that you think would be good for Street, just tell them they might like to consider tagging it.

Hopefully people will repost their photos on the original thread and keep it visible on the list. If you want to remind people or encourage more entries a week or two later, just post another message on your original thread and it will come back up to the top of the board and people will see it again. Wendy always posts it on her weekly SH*T List too.

When your closing date comes, give it an extra 13 hours past GMT as that caters for all time zones. Pick out your top five entries (or six if you’re struggling like I did!) and repost them using the embed tags. I found I needed to have 365 open on several tabs at once to get people’s @ addresses and to get the embed tag copied and pasted too. Then just ask people to vote on a New Topic thread and set a time limit of a few days for them to vote, announce the winner and hand it over to them.

Basically, you just start and finish it and any encouragement you want to give en route is optional, but nice if you have the time. I know you are busy currently! Whatever works for you. All the best!
June 25th, 2018
@casablanca Oh thank you so much! I am delighted to have won my first 365 competition!!! However, as you say, very busy at the moment - I should have timed it better! ;-) But I'm sure I'll manage - I'll certainly do my best. One question however. I noticed you encouraged participants to include 'people' in their images this time round. I was thinking of asking participants to include water (fountains, rivers, bottles, ...) for example, in their street shots for Street-46. Would that work, or has that theme been used before?
June 25th, 2018
@jamibann I think you can tweak it any way you want really. I have always thought of street photography as being candid shots of people in public places, but sometimes it had veered towards architecture and I thought people more interesting. I have no idea if that theme has been used before but it sounds a great Summer theme.........for the northern hemisphere anyway! Go for it. Something different makes it interesting.
June 25th, 2018
OK, will do - thank you!
Write a Reply