Pet Challenge - Pets and Water

October 18th, 2018
Still time to include your pet in the Pets and Water challenge.
Take a photo of your animal and their interaction with water and tag it pet-water.
They can be in, on or near the water. Watching ducks, having a bath, jumping in puddles or on a boat. The choice is thiers.

Challenge closes 31 October.
Tag pet-water

October 18th, 2018
I'll be getting Shadow into this one soon - thank you for the reminder!
October 18th, 2018

Here you are

October 19th, 2018
I think I have done everything right...probably not though, so I think I have entered this competition? If not, could someone tell me what I should do please?
Edited to say, does it matter if the photo was taken a few years ago or does it have to be a new one please?
October 19th, 2018
@sharonms
Sharon I can not find your photo. It needs the tag pet-water to enter. This needs to be in the Tag box when you post you post the photo
It does also need to be a current photo. Taken within the time frame of the competition.
October 19th, 2018
Ok thank you, it was an old picture :-(
October 25th, 2018
@sharonms
It's such a fun challenge, Sharon! Why not snap another photo and enter if you can!
Don't forget to tag it so we can all see it!
October 25th, 2018
Here's my Shadow getting his feet wet!
October 25th, 2018
@Wendy, I would love to but Gilbert is such a wimp he even runs away from rain puddles haha.
October 26th, 2018
@sharonms Sharon you still have a week so never say never. I have 6 dogs and 6 different reactions to water.
October 26th, 2018
I'll give it a try :-)
October 31st, 2018
@jacqbb @farmreporter
Jacqueline & Wendy we have reached the end of the contest. Just a couple of questions.

How do you add photos to the discuss post for voting?

How you chose who to enter for the voting, is number of Favs, Views or personal choice?

Thank you for your help
October 31st, 2018
@angelunderwater
Jane - the process of creating a voting discussion is quite easy actually and just involves much copy and pasting to a Word Document of some sort.
First, choose your finalists – can be 4, 5, or 6 – there is no rule as to how many or few you choose. Your challenge, your rules! I do try to comment on everyone’s entry while choosing the finalists but if you do not have the time, so be it. Again, your challenge, your rules.
As for choosing finalists, you can use any criteria you wish. Technically, ascetically, first timers you want to encourage, anything goes. You can mention why you chose it, but most people do not.
Once you have selected your finalists, open a word doc that you want to copy and paste to, click on your first finalist (can be in any order you so choose), type out their name and @name, open the embed code by clicking on the right arrow found to the right of the FAV’s star. Copy the whole embed code – it is long! – and paste below the name and @name on your word doc.
Repeat for all finalists. Do not forget to put numbers in front of their names for ease of voting. (and I have on occasion until someone mentions it during voting)
You can add a bit of introduction at the beginning of your word doc thanking everyone, and mentioning when voting ends, etc.
Now, go to Discuss under the task bar on top, click on it, click on Themes and Discussions, and open a New Topic on the top of the page.
Copy your whole word document and insert onto the New Topic, title the page, and click done (at least I think it says done).
Don’t worry if you have messed up because you can go back and edit anything in your new topic except the title (so don’t mess up the title – lol!)
Then – sit back and relax. Tally the votes when it is over, and announce the new winner. Tah-dah!! Yer dun!
October 31st, 2018
@farmreporter
Thank you very much for all this. I had a feeling it was going to be a bit of copy/paste but I didnt want to make life difficult if there was another way.
October 31st, 2018
@angelunderwater @farmreporter Jane I couldn’t have said it better! Making your whole text including the photo’s in Word and pasting it then in your new topic in 365 is indeed the simplest way!
October 31st, 2018
@angelunderwater
The first time you do it is the worst - it does get better with practice!
I still find it so amazing how the long embed code magically turns into photos once you start the discussion page ... but then ... I am still fascinated with technology.
October 31st, 2018
@angelunderwater
BTW - you should say congrats to each of the finalists in a comment box once the discussion page is up so they get notification they are a finalist ... they won't get notification when just mentioned in the original post.
October 31st, 2018
@farmreporter OK, great to know. Hate them to miss out
October 31st, 2018
@jacqbb Thank you. Doesn't sound to bad. And good to know both of you do it the same way

@farmreporter
October 31st, 2018
Have fun!
Write a Reply