Regular commenting becomes more difficult!

March 19th, 2019
Hi everyone, our country is in dire straights as we are running out of power. We are back to loadshedding, 3x daily for a period of two and a half hours each time. So please excuse me for not commenting on all your posts. I will try when it is possible.
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana oh Diana I can't begin to imagine what that would be like - you can only do what you can under the circumstances - post when you can and don't worry about commenting if it is too hard
March 19th, 2019
Oh wow that will make life some what difficult for you don't worry about posting .
March 19th, 2019
Sorry you're having a difficult time with the power in RSA - I knew it was bad, so getting worse is going to be tough to deal with
March 19th, 2019
gosh that does sound frustrating.. I hope things improve soon
March 19th, 2019
I am in the same boat as Diana. Although I was struggling to keep up with commenting before the loadshedding arrived. For me the loadshedding creates quite a few issues. I have to juggle my appointment book to reschedule grooming appointments as I can not groom an animal without power. To purchase back up power in the form of either generators or deep cycle batteries will set one back a few thousand and potentially take more than a year to recoup costs. One just hopes that a workable solution will be found and that we get reliable power again.
@shannejw @Dawn @annied
March 19th, 2019
@salza oh Sally - thinking of you and Diana - I can't imagine coping with that situation
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza Oh my goodness it must be so frustrating for you both!! I hope they can get it sorted quickly.
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza
So sorry to hear about your load shedding issues. I just read a couple of articles on it and it sounds perfectly awful.
It will take a while for the company to get this problem solved. Hope all goes well for you both ,,, and for the country as a whole.
We do understand about commenting and keeping current with your project.
All the best through this crisis.
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza diana and sally, so sorry to hear about this situation again. the least of your problems is commenting / not commenting here. i will be pleased to hear from you if and whenever you can manage it - and meanwhile fingers crossed that the issues will be solved before too long
March 19th, 2019
Bep
@ludwigsdiana @salza
That must be very frustrating! I hope it won't be long before the problems are solved...
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza So sorry to hear about this issue. I really hope that this situation is over soon. No worries about posting/commenting. But good to let us know, so we can send a least some virtual energy, good vibes and a hug.
March 19th, 2019
That has got to be hard. Is anyone trying to pull alternative energy sources into your electrical grid? When I used to backpack we had small solar collectors that could power a light in the evening so we could read. It was very portable. Wouldn’t do much to help though.
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana Thoughts with you Diana. Always look forward to your photographs - they provide pictures in my mind of many a book by Wilbur Smith.
March 19th, 2019
@salza - I did wonder how badly you are affected too - so difficult for you all
March 19th, 2019
I can't imagine what it would be like to be without power on a long term basis. couple hours of loadshedding isn't enough to keep your food and home cool. don't worry about posting or commenting. we're here for you.
March 19th, 2019
I know how frustrating it is for our area when the power goes out due to a storm. You just learn to deal with that. But what you're facing is far more stressful! Hang in there and do what you can do- everyone here completely understands!
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza Must be very difficult no power impacts on so many areas of daily life. Hope a solution is found soon.
March 19th, 2019
My thoughts are with you at this awful time.
March 19th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza Oh Sally and Dianne. That must be so hard. Feeling for you both and the difficulties you face.
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza I am so sorry for you both. I have not heard about this but I do wonder about the loss of power and its effects on life. Hoping it is temporary but in the meantime, I am sure it is a struggle for you both. Take care.
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza - hope the situation improves sooner!
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza Never heard of load shedding either. I don't know how you're managing. I panic whenever we have an intermittent power cut. Completely understand why you won't be able to comment regularly. Hope you're both able to upload your photos though. Would miss them
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza I hope that you both are okay and weather this without any huge issues. Commenting here is the least of what you need to worry about.
March 20th, 2019
Goodness gracious! I hadn't heard, so I had myself a read about this - how very unfortunate for you and for your country! Honestly, you have bigger fish to fry at home - good luck to you all. Hope the situation is rectified soon!
March 20th, 2019
@annied @Dawn @shannejw @brigette @pamknowler @farmreporter @pistache @gijsje @mona65 @shutterbug49 @phil_sandford @bruni @olivetreeann @ziggy77 @countrylassie @ubobohobo @gardenfolk @summerfield @yorkshirekiwi @joysabin @rosiekerr Many thanks to all of you for your thoughts and kind words as we are struggling through this dark time. As long as it does not get worse and we know the time, we can cope. I use my cellphone to go through your photos, but data runs out very fast and is quite expensive here. So please bear with me as I quickly scroll through to see all your shots and just leave a fav or a very short comment. I will do what I can ;-)
March 20th, 2019
How is your water situation there? I had heard talk that you were running low on water in your area.
March 20th, 2019
@kathyo We are doing ok now as we have had a bit of rain. Our winter rains start in June/July and we hope to get a lot of it. Thanks for inquiring 😊
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza Oh dear, poor you and poor RSA. Last year it was water, this year power but knowing South Africans you will find ways through this and soldier on.
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza My goodness, sorry to be showing up my ignorance but I have not heard of load shedding. Hope you are both coping ok and things improve very soon
March 20th, 2019
Prayers for everyone going through this.
March 20th, 2019
@judithdeacon @365anne @homeschoolmom Thanks so much, we need all the prayers! Been without electricty for seven hours now! Pc battery is down and data on cell soon too 🙄
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza Oh my I am so sorry to hear about your power problems in your country, Diana and Sally please know that commenting on 365 is not as important as trying to make a living. Hope you survive this interruption and it is solved soon!
March 20th, 2019
wow I don't know how I would cope, we are with you @ludwigsdiana @salza in spirit as you do your best with a bad situation.
March 20th, 2019
@ludwigsdiana @salza so sorry to hear about these problems. I wouldn’t know how I could cope with that. Thinking about the both of you andhope the situation is solved soon!
March 20th, 2019
Oh, good luck ...may the force and light be with you!
March 21st, 2019
@radiogirl @koalagardens @jacqbb @granagringa thanks for your kind words. We need more than luck, as it is supposed to go on for at least six months! We just had a 17 hour stretch :-)
March 21st, 2019
Hope things improve, we are blessed to rarely lose power. Storms are our worst culprit!
Write a Reply