Throwback Thursday anyone?

March 21st, 2019
Hey all,

Just wondering something – I’m a big fan of the regular Flashback Friday threads, where the mystical 365 algorithms give us one of our past images at random and we post them to the discussion, but have we ever had Throwback Thursday here on 365? The idea being similar to Flashback Friday but we get to choose the image we post?

I do apologise if something like this has been going on under my nose the whole time and I’ve totally missed it (wouldn’t be unusual :P). I did a quick search but nothing came up.

It’s a popular theme around the interweb and I thought it might be a bit of fun - it could be an image from this date last year or any previous year; something that brings back happy memories; an image you were particularly fond of and you’d like to give it another moment in the sun… anything really.

Anyone want to play?
March 21st, 2019
I'll play! Sounds like a great idea!
This is from almost 2 years ago (April 2, 2017) and, unlike this year, there was no snow on the ground!
I find that this edit brightens up an otherwise dreary shot.
March 21st, 2019
@farmreporter Yay thanks for getting the ball rolling lol :)

I should post something since I started it... this one is from this date in 2016, my very first Rainbow Challenge and my very first month long challenge here on 365, and March 21st back then was a Monday so the rainbow colour was red...

March 21st, 2019
Only other March 21st image I have is from 2014 - a street shot of a guy going to work on a Friday morning, looking not exactly gruntled:

March 21st, 2019
@m2016 Great idea Mel. I go back to March 21st 2016. Playing with my then new lensbaby and well before I got hit by the rainbow virus.
March 21st, 2019
Just thought I'd mention that it doesn't have to be from this particular date, for those who haven't been on 365 a full year, or who don't feel like going with the date theme - it can be any photo you'd like to share from any time :)
March 21st, 2019
Photo taken last year on March 21st, though just uploaded today :) Odd Socks Day!
March 21st, 2019
I'll play. I think I'll stick with the 21st date. This one is from Dec. 21 last year...one I really liked.
March 21st, 2019
One of my all-time faves was a composite of two images from 2016. I happened to get the exact same angle of 42nd Street in NYC from the Hudson River, as we were first coming to the city in the afternoon from Europe on a cruise ship, and then when we were leaving the following evening about 10:00. I blended them into a night-into-day kind of image. I couldn't have planned it this well.

March 21st, 2019
I didn't take one last year on the 21st, but closest taken near that date is this one of my daughter digging for treasure:
March 22nd, 2019
I posted this back in March of 2013. When I see it, it brings back the day I took it, and this dog I meet in the park, bounding through the new snow. Of course I can’t actually know what went on in that doggy mind but all of his outward attitude spoke of pure joy.
March 22nd, 2019
Exactly 3 years ago - playing with hey

March 22nd, 2019

I liked the idea of featuring a shot from a former March 21st and thought I'd post the one from my first year here on 365- but it was too boring! haha So were the next two years after that! Finally 2014 had something fun to post. Apparently I've forgotten that March is National Peanut Month and will have to put out a celebratory bowl of peanuts before the month is out!
March 22nd, 2019
A fun idea...interesting that, like today, I'd posted a night shot from a cold March night back in 2013, my first year on 365.
March 22nd, 2019
What a great idea Mel. As today is my daughters birthday I will stick with the date. This was 4 years ago, and she still has her puppy stuffie Barclay!
March 22nd, 2019

This sunset just made me smile!
March 22nd, 2019
I agree it was fun to look back on the same date as I wouldn't remember what date I posted something I really liked years back. I went back on this date each year and this one appealed to as they both are really pushing the silly positions to the limit, especially Zorro at the bottom.
March 22nd, 2019
Great idea Mel, this one was from 19 March 2017 in memory of my grandmother.
March 22nd, 2019
My birthday and 6 days later it was my daughter's birthday. the first time on 365 admitted to everyone how old I was at the time
March 22nd, 2019

Mar 22, 2016
March 22nd, 2019
Was going to post an image from when I started but came across this and just love this shot!

March 22nd, 2019
Mine doesn't go back that far since I just started this project in January, but this is one of my favorites so far, taken on February 27, 2019.
March 23rd, 2019
from march of my first year here (gulp - 2012)... i think this may be one of my first architecture / design / human element shots... back then i was editing in something quite basic (I forget what), and the blue was a toner available when converting to black and white...

March 23rd, 2019
Sam
March 23, 2014. My first year and the 1st time I got onto TP and PP. I was SO EXCITED!!! I still like this photo :)

March 23rd, 2019
23 March 2016 - a Thursday:)
March 23rd, 2019
@farmreporter @shannejw @mona65 @spanishliz @mittens @featherstone26 @overalvandaan @gardencat @vera365 @olivetreeann @taffy @kiwichick @kklinck @koalagardens @shellee @bruni @homeschoolmom @bizziebeeme @chejja @northy @gigiflower

Thanks a million for playing everyone, so cool to see which images you all chose to share :) I think we should totally do this again next week!
March 23rd, 2019
GREAT idea and such fun!

March 21, 2017, Iceland Northern Lights

March 24th, 2019
22 Mar 2016
March 24th, 2019
21 March, 2016
March 24th, 2019
Using the "Flashback" this one was the Pepper Pop-Up
Write a Reply