Browsing Pages

May 19th, 2019
Hi - just a short question to ask if somebody could be so kind as to explain the differences between the Popular, Trending and Curated Pages. I am especially interested in the functioning of the Curated Page as I was having a look at the wonderful images shown there and was extremely surprised to see one of my own. I'm not complaining! - it was a lovely surprise! - but I was interested to know how and why it was there and how do you know if one of your images has appeared there.
Many thanks Rob
May 20th, 2019
i'm pretty sure Ross wrote a blog that explains this not too too long ago, but the only one i could find on a quick search is this one, which i think pre-dates the trending and curated pages...
http://365project.org/blog/behind-the-scenes-of-365-project

it does explain the popular page though...

i tend to think of the trending page for photos that are getting a lot of attention in a short span of time...

and somehow i thought i read that the curated page photos are selected by Ross directly, but i have no idea where i got that from...

hopefully someone else will have better info than i!
May 20th, 2019
No clue
May 20th, 2019
This is the blog post about the Trending Page. I couldn't find anything on the Curated page.

And because I found it Getting Started Guide for New Users that ShadesofGrey put together.
May 20th, 2019
@shannejw Hi Shanne - thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my query. I read both of your links - and realised that I should have read the second one about 2 years ago!! I am now going to go back and add extra tags to lots of my photos! - and use the search button more often! The Curated Page remains a mystery but that is OK - it just gives us added incentive to check it out more often - it has such a wonderful selection of images on it. Thanks again Cheers Rob
May 20th, 2019
I remembered that thread from when it happened
May 20th, 2019
@northy H i Northy - thanks so much for your response to my question. I read the info on your link and it explained most of what I was wondering about. Obviously Ross has put a lot of thought into this - so well designed. The Curated page is still a mystery but that's OK - it just gives us something to check out more often. Thanks again. Cheers Rob
May 20th, 2019
@jgpittenger Hi Jane - thanks for bothering to read my question. I thought I'd send you this in case you were interested in how it works. The links made it all make sense - especially the link in Northy's response. Cheers Rob
May 29th, 2019
@robz Northy's posted link at the top explains most of it. This is on the Curated Page - suggestions is explained on Northy's link. "Hi Ace members, I'm trialling out this list of curated photos in place of the Suggestions page. I'd love your feedback on the images here." So the Curated Page is simply a name change from Suggestions. Does that help?
Write a Reply