Announcing the return of Tag Challenge #160 - For One week only!

May 20th, 2019
I have left it a month and am now resurrecting the TAG challenge which has reached round 160. Thanks to @summerfield for hosting the last round and for all you folks who voted my entry the winner.

Lets see if this is a challenge which people want to run with :

The rules are easy:

Step 1: Click on the "Browse" section and select the "By Tag" link. Close your eyes and randomly click on a tag.

Step 2: Do it again - no peeking!

You will use those two randomly chosen tags as an inspiration to create one picture that encompasses both tags... or for an added challenge you can try three tags if you want to!

Please CLEARLY state your two (or three) tags when you post your entries as this will let me know what your tags are. You may submit more than one entry -- you may use the same tags or you may randomly choose two new tags.

For this challenge if you have chosen a set of tags that you feel would be impossible to do anything with, rather than skip the challenge, I am asking that you substitute just ONE of your tags, for the host’s tag word which is "RANDOM" .

Start of challenge: Monday, 20 May, 2019
End of challenge: close of the day (wherever you are) on Sunday 26 May, 2019
Tag your entries tag-challenge-160

NOTE - Photos must be taken within the challenge time frame to be considered for a vote.

The number of finalists will be chosen depending on number of entries. Winner will be decided by the people's vote and will get the opportunity to host the next challenge.

So lets get going - no time to lose!
May 20th, 2019
I got morning & evening!!
May 21st, 2019
I should be able to work with mine: nature and park :)
May 21st, 2019
Monochrome and Autumn
May 21st, 2019
black and white & music
great combo!
May 21st, 2019
horse-landscape-reflection
May 21st, 2019
Museum and landscape
May 23rd, 2019
Goodness ... this is quick indeed! Sorry that I can't participate. Tag challenge is one of my favourites.
May 23rd, 2019
@farmreporter Oh I am sorry. I didn't want to exclude anyone just to concentrate minds. I'm happy to extend for another week if it would make the difference? Would everyone be happy with that?
May 23rd, 2019
@helenhall
No - I don't think you should extend at all! I think this is a great experiment to see if time pressure improves participation.
Longer time lines might allow people to push the challenge to the back and then they forget about them.
Spring is a busy time on the farm for me - I tend to fall behind with 365 every year so an extra week would not help me at all.
May 23rd, 2019
@helenhall I was just thinking that another week would definitely help me, as it has been too rainy for me to want to go and find a park to photograph nature, and fulfil both parts of my challenge.
May 23rd, 2019
@farmreporter @spanishliz thanks for the input - I will keep things as they are so as not to confuse everyone - especially as I can't change the title of this thread and it says one week only. I deliberately set it for a week for the reasons you give Wendy. Liz - lets hope the weather changes in time for you! I would love to see you entry :)
May 24th, 2019
nature & b/w
May 24th, 2019
Two more days to play - if you think hard enough, it is usually possible to do something with the tags you pick. A good exercise in creative thinking … look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

@30pics4jackiesdiamond @spanishliz @olivetreeann
May 24th, 2019
Blimey that time flew by!!
May 25th, 2019
@helenhall posting tonight!
May 25th, 2019
I am going to play - I got insect, fence, and black and white.
There are always a lot of ants walking a trail along one of our wooden fences so I should be able to do this!
May 25th, 2019
Still raining, so I've posted this one from last Tuesday, which fits the timeline and almost fits the tags :)

May 25th, 2019
@spanishliz
This is a wonderful shot - love all that blue sky!
May 26th, 2019
@farmreporter I love the blue sky too - just wish we'd see more of it! :)
May 26th, 2019
Just a few hours to get your final entries in - what can you do?
Write a Reply