New Artist Challenge - Sidney Nolan

July 15th, 2019
Thank you to Jennifer for hosting the last challenge and to all who voted for my image. I was very surprised to see my name on the winner’s page and am excited to host the next challenge.
I am choosing Sidney Nolan, one of my favourite Australian artists. I love his portraits and his unique depictions of the history and mythology of bush life in Australia. He worked in a variety of mediums – his body of work diverse in subject and style. I hope this gives everyone lots of inspiration to enter the challenge.

Some of his works and a bit about him -

https://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/collection/works/?artist_id=nolan-sidney

http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/nolan-sir-sidney-robert-sid-17826

- or just do an image search.

Start - Monday 15th July 2019
End - Sunday 18th August 2019

Tag - ac-nolan

I look forward to seeing your entries!

July 15th, 2019
tricky!
July 15th, 2019
@kali66 lol I was hoping it would be easy hahahaha
July 15th, 2019
@annied i love the ned kelly ones :)
July 15th, 2019
Great choice of artist, this will be a tricky one as Kali said
July 15th, 2019
@kali66 me too Kali
@nicolecampbell I am hoping he has enough variety to give everyone some inspiration hahaha
July 15th, 2019
Fascinating!
July 15th, 2019
love the works, I wish that I can find a brave heart for the "Leda and the swan"
August 22nd, 2019
Don't forget to get the voting up for this challenge, Annie! Or - maybe with so few entries you may want to extend this a week and put a call out for more entries.
August 22nd, 2019
@farmreporter hey Wendy - I have been busy the beginning of this week - will get the voting up tomorrow - thought I would just include them all :)
August 22nd, 2019
That sounds good.
You chose a difficult subject! Sidney Nolan was a tough artist to emulate with his abstract, modernist style.
August 22nd, 2019
@farmreporter and there I was thinking his works provided a variety to choose from hahaha
Write a Reply