Newbie feels like an idiot - Themes and competitions

December 3rd, 2019
Hi All.

I have just very recently started here, and despite searching high and low, I have been unable to find out how to enter themes and competitions.

I'll bet the answer is staring me in the face !

Could someone please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks.

Dean
December 3rd, 2019
Above is a weekly list Wendy posts with competition ending dates...
On the main page right hand side there is a latest list and as new comps appear there
December 3rd, 2019
entering any of the competitions which you find in the link Annie provided above merely involves using the right tag, you can insert this as you upload .....or edit your picture using the pencil icon beneath and adding it later. does that help?
December 3rd, 2019
oh and to enter all you do is find the tag each theme or composition says to use, then when you upload and fill in your title and stuff, copy and paste that tag exactly into the tag field.
The person running the competition then finds all entrants with that tag.
For example the tag for mundane macro challenge is mundane-macro
simply pop that in your tag and you have entered!

hope that helps :)
answered by @koalagardens
December 3rd, 2019
Welcome!! Doing themes and competition is a great way to meet other 365ers and develop skills techniques.

There's also get-pushed which is specific to getting to grips with technique and Northy announces that at weekends and we need more people to jump in and play!!
December 3rd, 2019
@deanr welcome! Enjoy 😊
December 3rd, 2019
@deanr Hi Dean - I see you've had lots of responses so hopefully you're A-OK to go now. As Jackie said - the challenges are great for learning new techniques and trying new ideas p and meeting new people. P.S. - once you have uploaded your image with its tag for the challenge you can then see what other images have been entered just by clicking on the tag on your photo.
Have fun and welcome to 365. Cheers Rob
December 3rd, 2019
Thanks to all - very helpful and I do appreciate the level of support this community offers.

Thanks. D
December 4th, 2019
I think everyone has answered the question, so all I'll do is welcome you to 365 and look forward to seeing your entries in different themes and challenges. They really are a lot of fun and get the creative juices flowing!
December 5th, 2019
Welcome to 365! I hope you enjoy it. There is always something new to learn and 365ers that have the answers...have fun!
December 5th, 2019
Welcome to 365- this community is a MOST helpful and very supportive set of photographers. Never feel pressure to join any particular challenge but they are a great deal of fun and I completely agree with Jackie and Rob Z. I hope you enjoy being part of 365.
Write a Reply