Join in the Fun- Album Cover Challenge 112 Begins Today!

December 12th, 2019
A 365 Favorite returns in Album Cover Challenge 112! If you are new to 365 or to this challenge, the album cover challenge is an excellent opportunity to use those photos lurking in the archives, discover the creativity of composites and layers as well as editing to your heart’s content!

Here's how to get the information for your album cover:

1. Go to the Wikipedia website. The title of the “Article of the Day” is the name of your artist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

2. Then go to Wikiquote page. The last 3 to 6 words of the quote of the day will be the title of your album.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page

3. Next, find or take a photo of yours (or photos) that fits the album name and artist(s). You can use one single shot or edit with layers, and so on. The processing options are limitless. Don’t forget to crop your album cover in a square format!

4. Use your favorite editing program to create your cover (or, if you don't have one, Ace members have free access to picmonkey.com -- and there are many other free programs out there). You can use any image of yours for the album, old or new, but you must use your own image (s) and do all processing for the cover during the time frame of the challenge.

5. You can enter multiple times but only one entry per photographer can be chosen as a finalist.

6. Tag your entries: albumcoverchallenge112

In addition to tagging your image, you can post your album to this thread, too. It’s always fun to see what others are coming up with!
To post a photo on this thread:
1) Go to your page that has the photo you would like to post.
2) Click on the arrow below your picture.
3) Find the 'Embed Code' box and right click on it to copy it, then paste it to this thread.

Timeframe
Challenge 112 begins today 12/12/2019 and ends at midnight (any time zone) 12/27/2019. Finalists will be chosen and posted by 12/28/2019. Voting will be open until 12/30/2019 and the winner will be announced on New Year's Eve (12/31/2019)

My thanks to all who voted for my album cover in the last go-round and thanks to Heidi @transatlantic who hosted it. I know it might be busy for you during the holiday season but I think playing around with photos for a 365 Challenge is a great stress reliever! Have fun- I'll be looking forward to seeing your entries!

Ann LeFevre
@Olivetreeann

To view submissions from previous challenges, search for album cover challenge, or click on this link to see entries to the last challenge -
http://365project.org/tags/albumcoverchallenge111

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

The above process is the "quick and easy" version but it may cause a few of us to have the same artist and title- so here's a way to make it a bit more random:

1. Go to Wikipedia and choose the link for "Random Article" on the top left side of the page. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your musician(s) or band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

2. Go to Quotations Page and choose "Random Quotes" from the left menus. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 4 to 6 words of the very last quote on the page are the title of your album.

Thanks to @spanishliz @lsquared and @summerfield for pointing that out!
December 12th, 2019
Query: The selection process seems to have been simplified from earlier editions. Won't taking away the random element result in people having the same artist and title as each other?
December 12th, 2019
It could be interesting to see what everybody comes up with given the same parameters, but I'd think I'd prefer leaving the random element in there.
December 12th, 2019
ditto what liz @spanishliz and larry @lsquared said, although the articles and the quotes would probably vary every day. still, i, too, prefer the random element.
December 13th, 2019
@spanishliz @lsquared @summerfield

True- I did have that in my "saved" info in my computer and for some reason took it out. I've never seen it duplicated- especially since some of us might be getting wikipedia in a language other than English. Me, Myself and I have always taken what was on the home page and done that, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Just in case- I'll copy and paste the last instructions at the end of the ones I posted above.
December 14th, 2019
Artist: MomoCon
Title: The best I had

Quote: I was sharpshooting. I don't think I missed a shot. It was no time to miss.
In order to sight me or to swing their machine guns on me, the Germans had to show their heads above the trench, and every time I saw a head I just touched it off. All the time I kept yelling at them to come down. I didn't want to kill any more than I had to. But it was they or I. And I was giving them the best I had.
~ Alvin C. York ~
December 14th, 2019
Artist: Frumosu (a commune in Romania)
Title: Bind Up Their Wounds
Quote (from one year ago today): May God bless the memory of the victims, and in the words of Scripture, heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. - Barack Obama
December 26th, 2019
Artist: Yelena Donskaya
Album: High Speed with Total Clarity

My artist is: Yelena Donskaya (1915 – 2016) was a Soviet sport shooter who was World Champion three times and European Champion seven times.

The Quotation page on Wikiquote has changed and now the Random gives you a random topic with quotes on that topic. I got Paranoia, so I took the last quote (from Banksy) on that topic.
Paranoia
Your mind is working at its best when you're being paranoid. You explore every avenue and possibility of your situation at high speed with total clarity.

Write a Reply