6ws-100th edition; Theme 'holidays'

December 13th, 2019
Wylie ace @pusspup
Thank you, Wendy ace @farmreporter for doing such a great job as host with the last Six Word Story and to everyone who participated and voted. It is such a fun challenge to see what members come up with in just six words! And how exciting for me to win my first challenge!

So, with no further ado, I’m inviting everyone to make their own story in six words for the Century 100th Edition of the Six Word Story ending on December 31st 2019. The next Six Word Story (101) then falls into the New Year!

The rules are simple: Take a photo and title it with a short story of just six words that will describe the essence of the image. However, the photo must be taken within the time frame of the challenge and the title must consist of six words - no more no less! As this challenge falls in the festive season, I suggest the Theme of “Holidays”.

START: Tuesday, December 17th
END: Tuesday, December 31st midnight wherever you are (two weeks)
TAG: sixws-100

Voting will then take place from Wednesday, New Year’s Day to Sunday night, January 5th, with the winner hosting the New Year’s (and 101st) edition of the Six Word Story.
December 14th, 2019
Keep on shining, Six Words Challenge!
December 14th, 2019
You did a wonderful job setting this up, Wylie! Congrats!! The first one is always the hardest but you are now a pro and may you a lots more hosting to do!! :)
December 15th, 2019
@farmreporter thanks Wendy, not sure a pro, but at least its up! Is there an automated count for votes? Or, before that, do I choose the finalists and how do I set up the vote? thx
December 15th, 2019
@pusspup
You will choose the finalists once the challenge is over on the 31st (don't forget the time zones and give those members on the far side who may wait until the last minute time to get their late entries in).
I will send you instructions on the easiest way to set up the voting thread closer to the end of the challenge.
You are the one to tally the votes and announce the winner.
December 16th, 2019
@farmreporter OK thanks again. Do I need to announce the opening of the challenge tomorrow?
December 22nd, 2019
(Squirrels celebrate the holidays too.)
“When I can’t dig,I beg.”
December 22nd, 2019
“This delicious cookie is already gone.”
January 2nd, 2020
Oh, Wylie - so sorry I forgot to send you the instructions on how to do this!
Here they are:
The process of creating a voting discussion is quite easy actually and just involves much copy and pasting to a Word Document of some sort.

First, choose your finalists – can be 4, 5, or 6 – there is no rule as to how many or few you choose. Your challenge, your rules! I do try to comment on everyone’s entry while choosing the finalists but if you do not have the time, so be it. Again, your challenge, your rules.

As for choosing finalists, you can use any criteria you wish. Technically, ascetically, first timers you want to encourage, anything goes. You can mention why you chose it, but most people do not.

Once you have selected your finalists, open a word doc that you want to copy and paste to, click on your first finalist (can be in any order you so choose), type out their name and @name, open the embed code by clicking on the right arrow found to the right of the FAV’s star. Copy the whole embed code – it is long! – and paste below the name and @name on your word doc.

Repeat for all finalists. Do not forget to put numbers in front of their names for ease of voting. (and I have on occasion until someone mentions it during voting)

You can add a bit of introduction at the beginning of your word doc thanking everyone, and mentioning when voting ends, etc.

Now, go to Discuss under the task bar on top, click on it, click on Themes and Discussions, and open a New Topic on the top of the page.

Copy your whole word document and insert onto the New Topic, title the page, and click done (at least I think it says done).

Don’t worry if you have messed up because you can go back and edit anything in your new topic except the title (so don’t mess up the title – lol!)

Then – sit back and relax. Tally the votes when it is over, and announce the new winner. You can post the winner's photo in the announcement by clicking on his/her photo and copying the embed code once again, place it in a Word document, type out the congratulations, and then post it into a new topic like you did for the voting.

Tah-dah!! Yer dun!
January 2nd, 2020
@farmreporter Wendy, sorry to be a hassle, but how do I post the finalists and set up voting?
January 2nd, 2020
@pusspup
Happy New Year, Wylie!
The process is explained in the post above your question. If you have problems with it, and would like, you could just send me your list of finalists and I could set it up for you.
But - it really is not that difficult. The first time is the worst but even that is not too bad.
January 4th, 2020
@farmreporter Silly me, I should have read the text before worrying you. All done, simple really:) thx.
Write a Reply