What Would You Do in The Wave ?

January 18th, 2020
Many thanks to Suzanne @suzanne234 for hosting the last WWYD round and to all who participated and voted.

For this new round I have selected an image that will let your imagination play on an exceptional stage. In 2012, my wife and I were lucky enough to win the draw that gives a one day access pass into the protected area of The Wave, Utah. I made this shot on that occasion.

For site protection purposes, the access to The Wave is limited to 20 people per day, selected by a lottery managed by the US Bureau of Land Management, with applicants coming from all over the world. The site sits in a remote area of Utah, accessible only through an unmarked desert hike in an area with no GPS coverage. See here for more info : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wave_(Arizona).

This picture from The Wave is yours to play around now. One way to play with it is to use it as a stage and to set up whatever scene inspires you : add cowboys, surfers, trees, yourself, … You can also choose to simply improve the image, put it in a composite, change the mood, make it abstract, introduce new components or textures- whatever your photo-processing heart desires !

As a reminder, here are the WWYD rules:

• Save the base image to your computer.
• Go wild with any kind of editing techniques you like – anything goes! You can keep as much or not as much of the original image as you like.
• Upload to one of your albums and tag it WWYD189

Your fellow 365'ers would also like to see your creation so feel free to come back and add your picture to this discussion thread.

You can enter as many variations of this image as you like, but only one of them will be put in for the vote if selected. All current entries can be seen here : https://365project.org/tags/WWYD189

Challenge start : today Saturday January 18th, 2020
Challenge end : Sunday February 16th, 2020 by midnight in your time zone

The WWYD challenge is a great way to have fun trying out editing techniques, apps and online tools you have not tried before. Have fun with things like: horizon straightening, tone and colour controls, healing tools, structure details, sharpening, gradients, filters, layers, dodge and burn, masks and textures. I hope many of you will take the time to give it a try. Enjoy !

Etienne
January 18th, 2020
Wow, awesome shot to play with. How lucky are you, sounds a great experience.
January 20th, 2020
Well here's my attempt to destroy your beautiful photograph @etienne
January 25th, 2020
What a beautiful starting image, it seems such a shame to do anything with it. I found this a tricky one so I had a play on words, here's my effort.
January 26th, 2020

January 28th, 2020

In some of the smaller towns in Thailand it is not unusual to see ladies (as well as men and children) without safety helmets or protective clothing riding sometimes quite powerful motor cycles.
February 16th, 2020
Write a Reply