Rainbow Challenge 2020

February 25th, 2020
Howdy folks,

I hope you’re all very well…

Well, Spring has sprung, February is almost over, and the Rainbow Challenge is just around the corner!

Every March for the last few years, we’ve been splashing the colour around on 365 after a month of wonderful monochrome courtesy of @olivetreeann and Flash of Red February. Whether you’re new to 365 or not, I hope lots of you will join in again this year 😊

So here’s what it’s all about...

The challenge lasts for the entire month of March. Each day of the week has a colour of the rainbow – Mondays are red, Tuesdays are orange, Wednesdays are yellow and so on. The table below will show you which date and day of the week matches each colour, and lining them up vertically like this is what most people do, but your images can also go horizontally or diagonally if you prefer.

My table has purple for Saturday and pink for Sunday, but you can go with indigo on Saturday and purple/violet on Sunday, the choice is yours.

Tag your images rainbow2020 and once we start posting on March 1st, you’ll be able to see them HERE

The links below will show you our previous year’s finished calendars and discussion threads so that you can get inspired and learn more about the challenge.

2019 Rainbow Challenge discussion thread

Finished calendar discussion thread 2019

Images tagged for rainbow2019

2018 Rainbow Challenge discussion thread

Finished calendar discussion thread 2018

Images tagged for rainbow2018

Finished calendar discussion thread for 2017

Images tagged for rainbow2017

This is a really fun and cheerful challenge, just in time for the colours of Spring after the grey Winter months (depending on which hemisphere you’re in of course!) and it’s a great way of unleashing your creativity and getting inspired 😊

I’ve used the tag list from last year, and I apologise if I’ve left anyone out. There won’t be weekly prompts for this challenge, but if you’d like to be notified when the thread for our finished calendars is posted at the end of March – comment below and let me know!
February 25th, 2020
Thanks Mel, it's always fun doing this month
February 25th, 2020
Brilliant! Looking forward to it. Thank you
February 25th, 2020
Looking forward to it! Thank you!
February 25th, 2020
yes please add me
I love this challenge so much!
February 25th, 2020
Hahaha! After several years of failed attempts I think I will give this one a pass 😎
February 25th, 2020
This is a great challenge and I have always enjoyed doing it. Unfortunately this year I am in the middle of flooding in my kitchen and then moving out of my house. I am going to drop out of 365 during .March as there is so much going on. I may do the rainbow month when I get back on 365.
February 25th, 2020
Oh boy! I just popped into the discussion thread earlier today to see if this was happening again. I’m on board.
February 25th, 2020
@pamknowler Pam, we will miss you. Good luck and come back as soon as you can.
February 25th, 2020
Thank you Mel. It's nice to not do indigo. I have a hard time distinguishing it from the darker blues. Looking forward to this.
February 25th, 2020
Thank you Mel! I love to participate another year!
February 25th, 2020
Thanks Mel for the reminder, but I skip it this year. I always loved the outcome, but the month was so hard. And by the way @northy & I have a pact, not to do it again. Remember @northy?
February 25th, 2020
I am super happy to do it again. I’m looking forward to color.
February 25th, 2020
Can't wait. One of my favorite themes.
February 25th, 2020
Loved doing this last year. Yes please add me to the list.
February 25th, 2020
I've been looking forward to this during the whole month of February. I'm so glad you are encouraging us once again!
February 25th, 2020
I will give it a try again this year.
February 25th, 2020
@narayani - don't forget you want to do this!
February 25th, 2020
@anniesue thanks for reminding me! And remembering!
February 25th, 2020
@narayani I share 92% of my DNA with an elephant
February 25th, 2020
Yeah! Love this.
February 26th, 2020
Thanks for the tag- I'm not sure whether I'll do a week or the month- we'll see! But I had a lot of fun last year pulling pics from the archives and processing them to the daily color.
February 26th, 2020
Ooof! This is a true challenge for me. Please count me in. Thanks!
February 26th, 2020
@mona65 hahaha! That’s right!
February 26th, 2020
Ive never done this as Im not good at sticking to things but I love looking at all the entries
February 26th, 2020
I’m going to do it! ... my own way with favs from the archives 🐝😎
February 26th, 2020
@mona65 @northy but ladies!! you always do fabulous rainbows, going to miss you both. 😣
February 26th, 2020
I loved doing it last year, and look forward to doing it this year ! (I guess I’m not on the list because everything was so new to me, forgot all about the tagging 😉) I have been collecting shots all of last year because I knew I would be doing a lot of travelling this coming month but hope to add some fresh ones too 👍
February 26th, 2020
@anniesue 😆🐘
February 26th, 2020
Yay!
February 26th, 2020
I think I would like to give it a shot. Could you add me please? 😊
February 26th, 2020
I think I will try it, too. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun. I was just looking at some of my old shots I've taken from years past and thought I would use some of them during the month. I hope that is okay.
February 27th, 2020
I would appreciate that, thank you for the post.
February 27th, 2020
ooooo! How lovely! Yes please add me in!
February 27th, 2020
I'm in, now to try and find some colour.
February 28th, 2020
Fun! I loved last year’s rainbow month. Count me in. Please add my name to your notifications list.
February 28th, 2020
I’m in but I’ve done it with both indigo and pink on Sunday. I’m thinking of trying gold at the end of the rainbow each week
February 28th, 2020
I’m going to do it! ...But I already know that it will be hard.
February 29th, 2020
Yes please add me!
February 29th, 2020
Hi everyone - just a reminder that we start tomorrow and the first colour is pink (or violet if you're doing indigo/violet instead of purple/pink).

I'm really glad to see so many of you are joining in again this year, and remember it's only as difficult as you make it - I'm really short on time this year so I'll be relying heavily on macro shots, abstracts, a few from the archives and shamelessly colourising things in Photoshop! Have fun everyone :)

@30pics4jackiesdiamond @888rachel @adayinmallacoota @adi314 @amy03 @angiedanielle24 @annied @anniesue @beryl @brennieb @brett101 @bruni @carole_sandford @carolineb7 @carolpre @casablanca @caterina @cherrymartina @chikadnz @christinabengephotography @cjrussell12 @claycameras @cookingkaren @debbyglynn @dianen @eardeng @egoodine@ezzzmaay @fbailey @francoise @frantackaberry @froggie0628 @genealogygenie @gerry13 @helenhall @helenm2016 @henrir @homeschoolmom @hvansteenburgh @ingrid01@irisn @jak0913 @jetr @jld29 @jo38 @kali66 @kathyboyles @kiwinanna @kjarn @lilacphotography @louannwarren @lucien @lyndamcg @mcsiegle @merrelyn @milaniet @mona65 @nicolecampbell @northy @olivetreeann @pamknowler @pandorasecho @pej @phil_sandford @pistache @portela @quietpurplehaze @randystreat @robz @rumpelstiltskin @salza @shawnas365 @skippysue @spanishliz @stephanies @studiouno @susan727 @susie1205 @suzanne234 @taffy @tahoemb @teachntravel @thistle @wag864 @wendyfrost @yorkshirekiwi @judithdeacon @space319 @shellee @gardencat @sunnygirl @novab @shutterbug49 @jacqbb @cristinaledesma33 @dfarrington @deekjames @etienne @koalagardens @emrob @Dawn @la_photographic @moonbi @arnica17 @blackmutts @melmarie3 @mmemcspoon @haskar @kchuk @momamo @yogiw @shannejw @imnorman @summerfield @narayani @mzzhope @bokehdot @mittens @valpetersen @dsp2 @nickspicsnz @sugarmuser @brigette @sheilaw @lesip @bizziebeeme @beckyk365
February 29th, 2020
Thanks , yes I shall have a go again this year , loved the challenge last year !
February 29th, 2020
@m2016 Thanks so much for the reminder! I really enjoyed doing this the last two years, however I am going to skip it this year. Excited to see everyone's calendars at the end of the month. :)
February 29th, 2020
@m2016 After doing this challenge for the last three years I shall give it a miss this year.Look forward to seeing all your rainbows .
March 1st, 2020
I'm going to give it a try.
March 1st, 2020
it was hard for me.. i add colors by editing at many photos. i wanted to edit so the color are exactly the same like this https://365project.org/m2016/extras/2019-03-31, but i don't know how. so for now i'll just take pictures of colors accordingly and don't edit them, haha.
March 1st, 2020
@arnica17 I try to choose things that are similar colours to begin with, so that they don't need too much editing, just small tweaks like contrast and brightness and maybe a little saturation. When I do edit the colour, I use Color Efex from the Nik collection, which is a Photoshop plugin. It has some good filters for changing or adding colour.

I'm not sure what other editing programmes to recommend as I mostly use Photoshop. The cellphone app PicsArt also lets you edit colour but it's a bit more limited than Color Efex.
March 1st, 2020
Try and see how far i get,thanks Mel
March 1st, 2020
i've also done it the last couple of years and i'm going to give it a miss this time. so sorry @mona65 that we'll be deprived of yours though! if anyone else wants to see how to do it, check out mona's grids for the last few years - they were awesome :) i look forward to seeing how everyone gets on
March 2nd, 2020
I thought I remembered doing this collage,

March 2nd, 2020
Another great challenge - count me in!!! 😁
March 2nd, 2020
I just clicked on the "rainbow2020" tag and have to say the pink/red uploads are just beautiful!!! Made me smile. What a collaborative display!!
March 6th, 2020
I may not get every day but I’ll try.
Write a Reply