one subject; 30 shots - introduce your subject!

April 3rd, 2020
so we're two days in and hopefully your subject hasn't started to get "old" for you yet 🙃...

i thought it might be fun to introduce your subject and explain why you chose it...

if you're wondering what the challenge is, the deets are here are below...

for me - i chose my bedroom windows... and there's some irony here... i didn't participate in this challenge last year... after it ended, i thought "dang - i should have played along using my bedroom windows as the subject"... i always like the shapes and glowy light they allow me to capture...

anyhoo i set myself a reminder for early March to play this year... and then in March i thought - well, that will never work because it'll still be dark by the time i get home most days limiting my options for taking a shot... and now here i am... mostly working from home... sigh...
April 3rd, 2020
no clue why the link to the original post isn't working... trying that bit again...
https://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/43359/one-subject-30-shots
April 3rd, 2020
Here is ROCK:
April 3rd, 2020
@francoise ha! that's awesome... we all need a pet rock 🙂... i'll be looking forward to see what you do with it!
April 3rd, 2020
Here's my mixer!
April 3rd, 2020
Here is my subject : a statute that Ibought 13 years ago in a street market in Lisbon.

April 3rd, 2020
Here's my tree. Click through to the post for some backstory!

April 3rd, 2020
I went with the Fern in the hallway. :) I think this spot has nice lighting, but I've been ignoring the photo potential. Excited to make a month of it!
April 3rd, 2020

I chose shadows. I love watching the light come in through the different windows in my home and I also wanted a reason to get out of the house and on to some of the lesser traveled trails and photographic spots near me. Yes, it's a variation of sorts on the theme but you know what they say...your project, your rules!

Thanks for spear-heading this one Northy!
April 3rd, 2020
Thank you Northy! Like Ann, I varied my theme a bit, inspired by one of the first 365 projects. My kitchen counter sees a lot of activity. So every afternoon between 5:00 and 6:00, I will photograph whatever I have going on. It’s a great spot for natural light and afternoon shadows. It’s a stage, if you will and I will be photographing not just the subject but also the light as it changes.
April 3rd, 2020
Hi my subject is cutlery. I hope to be creative with high/low key, macro and different processing things I learn as I teach myself Affinity. I will occasionally do an "in the style of" those I can copy from here on 365!!

Wish me luck!!
April 3rd, 2020
For what it's worth, my subject will be Danbo, but I'm already two days behind. But that's my intent! He's part of this group posted in March, and he's anxious to get started.
April 3rd, 2020
@jb030958 ok - that's gonna be interesting... looking forward to see what you come up with!

@taffy awwwww... good one!

@vincent24 - i do like that figurine... it should make for some very interesting shots over the next few weeks!

@olivetreeann what a great idea!
April 3rd, 2020
Teddy is my subject. I don't need to go outside to photograph him, he's somewhat versatile and has lots of sweaters he can model :)

April 3rd, 2020
After featuring my Bradford Pear tree last year, I decided to use my umbrella as my subject this year. As in April showers bring May flowers. And wouldn't you know, a thunderstorm is predicted for tonight and way below average temperatures.
April 3rd, 2020
Wasn't going to do this challenge, but we got a new kitten just before lockdown. I'm finding I'm taking lots of photos of him anyway, so thought I might as well do a calendar month. So, introducing Percy
April 3rd, 2020
the star of the moment: toilet paper roll
April 3rd, 2020
I went with my "home library" because while it is the most interesting feature of my house and has even been in an architectural magazine, I have never photographed it myself because it's always in use and completely cluttered with piles everywhere. They're purposeful and organized piles, quite friendly ones, but still, not photographically nice. So this is the month -- and maybe I will finally take time to organize and clean it as I go.
April 3rd, 2020
@joemuli - that was hilarious! thanks, kid.
April 3rd, 2020

A Japanese man working with my husband gave me these dolls about 30 years ago. They have probably passed their use by date, but are still rather lovely. I am using them as my subject as I thought I just might enjoy finding 30 different things to do with them.
April 3rd, 2020
After much deliberation I decided that Skye would be the subject for my 30 days. She is always with me so hopefully I can get some candid pictures of her and not just the normal posed ones.
April 3rd, 2020
interesting seeing what people have chosen, as yet i cant decide, but i took more than 30 photos of a flower garden today so you might see a few of those, feels a bit like cheating though somehow.
April 3rd, 2020
I am using Daisies in the lawn.

April 3rd, 2020
@kali66 I was going to go with my fernery aka area of garden covered with shade cloth haha - but decided to go with my dead tree lol
April 3rd, 2020
thanks for setting this up northy! i've never done this challenge before and have gone with a loose theme of books as i thought anything narrower might be too restrictive for me in these days of restrictions ... so here's a whole load of them to start off ...

April 3rd, 2020
Didn't realise I was joining until the 2nd but then I saw this tree on some photo's I took that day and thought it might be the perfect subject. It forces us to go out every day. It's five minutes walk from our house
April 3rd, 2020
Decided to take my garden as my subject, since I don’t know eaxcly how much of it will be changed after the renovations of the house ...( kitchen extending into it)
April 3rd, 2020
My subject is a glass food storage container. I chose it because it's portable, fillable, cleanable, dirtyable, and replaceable if I break it. Photographing through it will create distortion. Most of the horizontal surfaces in the apartment are dark, so it will pop against them. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it will be a challenge to make 30 (or 15?) distinctly different images.

April 3rd, 2020
I decided to go with a loose material-theme of "cellulose" / "paper". So for me, the subject could range from toilet paper (yes, we still have some), over folded brochures to an easter molded pulp egg carton. However, I will try to implement this with different techniques, lenses and cameras, so that it asks for creativity and remains a challenge for me.
April 3rd, 2020

Since it's spring in some parts of the world, I decided to do buds. New to 365Project so I hope I can keep it going.
April 3rd, 2020
First time in this project. I have chosen this mini planter,to help me go through this stayathome period. I expect it to draw me out to the garden and take better care of little herbs I plan to put in there. Hopefully I will see progress both in photography and planting. Two hobbies combined!
April 3rd, 2020
We’re all in a kind of vacuum now...

so .. I’ve decided to give my vacuum cleaner some extra attention because it always tries to hide itself in dark, dusty forgotten corners. How sad.
So... first I had to hunt it down, so that’s why I’m starting this challenge a bit later:
So... I hope to come up with some clean shots. That must be possible because as a kick off I’ve tried to clean the vacuum cleaner. A totally new and not to be missed experience.
So... no time any more to vacuum clean the house because we’re in big business together, he and me. I’ll call him Jones. So sophisticated. So... I’ll make a start by blowing off the dust of my Nikon D90. I’ll go for it! ;)
April 3rd, 2020
prepped this this morning and forgot to post it!
literally - my desk
but it will be posts of things on it
April 3rd, 2020
Wow, looks like a LOT of participants! I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's photos!
April 3rd, 2020

Books too...
April 3rd, 2020
My subject is a toy koala named JordanT how is going to hopefully give me some creative time doing some different photographic techniques.
He sports a true blue aussie swaggy hat, and is made in Australia.
April 3rd, 2020
Our raspberry plants that are more protected from the elements and animals.
April 3rd, 2020
@northy My caramel creams and I thank you for setting this up!
April 3rd, 2020
Maisie is my choice, because she is my isolation buddy at the moment.

April 11th, 2020
I couldn't decide between shadows and cloudscapes, but here is my first image.
April 12th, 2020
The Oak tree that stands in front of my cabin and the critters that visit it.
Write a Reply