New WWYD191 Challenge - special 3:1 edition

April 5th, 2020
Many thanks to Suzanne @suzanne234 for hosting WWYD190, and many thanks to all participants and voters.

Since most of us have to spend a lot of time at home and are looking for some photography ideas, I am proposing a special 3:1 edition of the “What Would You Do with it” Challenge. Instead of giving you one single image and giving you 4 weeks to transform it as you like, I am going to propose 3 different starting images, staged during the duration of this challenge. You can just pick and choose the one that inspires you the most, or you can have a go with two of them or even better with all 3 of them in the coming weeks. You can make as many entries as you want, from as many starting images as you want.

I hope this exceptional formula will provide more inspiration opportunities to more participants, spread over the whole challenge timeframe. This remains one single global challenge, and there will be only one single list of finalists and one single vote at the end.

I am proposing the first starting image today, and will let you work on it from now on until the challenge end. Moreover, I will post a second starting image option in a week from now, and a third one in two weeks from now. The total duration of the challenge is 4 weeks.

Start date : today Sunday April 5th, 2020
End date for the whole challenge : Sunday May 3rd, 2020 by midnight in your time zone.
Tag : WWYD191

Here is the first WWYD191 starting picture. It is the sun faded by a morning fog in front of our house. It is very simple and contains very few elements, but I am curious to see what your imagination will do with it.

You can improve it, put it in a composite, change the mood, make it abstract, introduce new components or textures, whatever your photo-processing heart desires.

Here is a reminder of the WWYD rules:

• Save the base image to your computer.
• Go wild with any kind of editing techniques you like – anything goes! You can keep as much or not as much of the original image as you like. Your creativity and your technique are the only limits : it is a great opportunity to practice both of them, and to dare trying new things you never did before.
• Upload to one of your albums and tag it WWYD191

See here the entries that have been submitted so far :
https://365project.org/tags/WWYD191

Your fellow 365'ers would also like to see your creation, so come back and add your picture to this discussion thread if you want.

Have fun everyone with this image ! I will be back in a week with a second very different image.

Etienne
April 5th, 2020
great idea etienne! i am definitely going to try to have a go :)
April 5th, 2020
Here's one for you:
April 5th, 2020
April 5th, 2020
Music sprang straight to my mind :)

April 5th, 2020
Fab idea Etienne, I'm sure this round will be a great success
April 5th, 2020
I love this idea. Thanks for getting this idea started.
April 6th, 2020
Hey There!
April 6th, 2020
What a fun concept.
Write a Reply