ººº new artist challenge ººº

August 9th, 2020
oh my, what excitement to win the last round of the artist challenge. i loved tommy ingberg's work the minute i saw it. thank you so much to everyone who voted for the long-suffering mr g with a tree sticking out of his head ;)

i wanted to choose a still life artist for this round, since there are still so many people who are having to stay close to home. i have gone for olivia parker, whose work i recently discovered. i think she has a good range of subjects, some b&w, some colour, some fairly standard and some with a bit more of a twist, so hopefully there will be something here to inspire you. i love her view of the world. i would urge you to take a moment to look at her 'vanishing in plain sight' series, which i found extremely moving - images taken as she tried to make sense of her husband's decline into dementia, a disease which sadly diminished my father also

https://www.oliviaparker.com

start date: 9 august 2020
close date: 31 august 2020

do post a link to the photo that inspired you in your narrative when you post, and feel free to add your photo in the thread below, to keep the challenge 'live'. you can submit as many images as you like, though only one will make the final shortlist, and your image(s) should have been taken during the time frame of the challenge

tag: ac-parker

to view all entries go to https://365project.org/tags/ac-parker

i very much look forward to seeing the pictures you take inspired by ms parker, and i will hopefully be trying out some of my own! enjoy ...

and here's the list of previous artists chosen, for the next person to host this challenge, kindly kept up by vikki @summerfield: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CfwEEyozvaxNDcRB3r8_xxyznNKIc7O1E1GdP9FUFKQ/edit#gid=0
August 9th, 2020
great choice - such a diverse selection to choose from
August 9th, 2020
oh my! her work is goreous!! lots of inspiration
August 9th, 2020
LOVE!!!
August 9th, 2020
I looked through several of Ms Parker’s photographs, and noticed that she likes mysterious abstracts. Those abstracts inspired my photos of macro seed pods modified greatly by image art.

August 9th, 2020
Love her images specially the Vanishing…………👌💕
August 9th, 2020
@kathyboyles that's lovely! glad you were inspired :)
August 9th, 2020
her series "vanishing in plain sight" reminded me of joe's @joemuli photographs. i read it in its entirety and now i'm depressed. but that is where i probably will get my inspiration from. fantastic choice, claire. thank you.
August 10th, 2020
@summerfield 👌🥰
August 10th, 2020
This is like part of Ms. Parker’s Almost Live Collection

August 10th, 2020
her "vanishing in plain sight" series is so moving
August 10th, 2020
Still Life
August 10th, 2020
@annied @kathyboyles @summerfield wow i can see i'm going to be struggling with that old shortlist when the time comes ;)
August 10th, 2020
Wonderful artist. My MIL suffered from Alzheimer’s and her series about her husband was indeed moving. Thank you for sharing.
August 10th, 2020
Inspired by the “Signs of Life” series .

August 10th, 2020
@mzzhope you're welcome, hope. i'm sorry that your family too has been afflicted by this disease. that's a beautiful image :)
August 10th, 2020
I'm looking forward to emulating her work! She has a really creative and unique vision.
August 10th, 2020
Her work is simply stunning, I hope that I can do some justice to her style. Excellent choice!
August 12th, 2020
Her Almost Gone photos caught my eye

August 12th, 2020
@mzzhope Very interesting. Good abstract following Ms. Parker’s style.
August 12th, 2020
@annied Wonderful still life.
Write a Reply