Eye of the beholder - Call for entries

April 12th, 2021
Thanks for your votes from EOTB 130, and thanks to Wendy for hosting. Time to get on with EOTB 131.

If you're not familiar with Eye of The Beholder, it's all about finding something extraordinary in the ordinary. You want to find a subject that if people were watching you taking the shot; they would be wondering what on earth has possessed you to photograph something which seems so ordinarily, plain, bland, boring or ugly.

You will need to find a way to portray your subject so that it comes across differently and aesthetically pleasing. This challenge is about using light, the rules of composition and your photographer's eye to find the beauty in your subject. Bits of post-processing are okay, but please go lightly with edits - there are other challenges for editing.

Challenge Tag EOTB-131
Start Date Monday, April 5th back-dated
End Date Monday, April 26th at noon GMT.
Your photos must be taken within this time frame.
I will select the finalists and set up the voting as soon as possible after the deadline. The winner will have the honor of hosting the next challenge.

Current entries can be seen here:
https://365project.org/tags/eotb-131

Please consider posting your images to this thread to inspire others.
I’m looking forward to seeing what catches your eye.
Have fun.
Tim
April 12th, 2021
If you are interested, this is the normal view of the carpet

that led to this EOTB view

April 16th, 2021
Tim - April 25th is actually a Sunday.I made the executive decision to change the date to Monday, April 26th at noon, GMT on the Weekly SH*T list.
Could you change the date here to avoid confusion, please?
April 16th, 2021
@farmreporter Glad you are here to keep us on our toes.
April 28th, 2021
@tdaug80
This challenge ended a couple of days ago. When you have a chance, will you please set up the voting topic? ;) Thank you so much!
Write a Reply