New Artist Challenge : the Stories of Hands by Valerie Jardin

January 21st, 2022
Thank you to Iris N @iris52 for hosting the last Artist challenge and making all of us discover the amazing work of Ray Metzker.

For this new edition of the Artist challenge, I propose that we get our inspiration from the Stories of Hands serie by Valerie Jardin.

Hands are an accessible photography subject to all of us (starting with our own hands), and they can be a great way to tell a story and to convey emotion. Their texture, their jewels or tattoos, the actions they are making, the way they connect with someone else’s hands can tell a lot about their owners : their personality, their age, their skills, their relationships.

Please have a look here at the fantastic storytelling job that an artist like Valerie Jardin has been able to do from a serie of very simple hand pictures :

https://valeriejardinphotography.com/hands

Of course, I invite you to take this opportunity to also discover the other work of Valerie Jardin on the same website.

The Stories of Hands Challenge starts today Friday January 21st and will end on Sunday February 20th by midnight in your time zone. Your pictures must have been taken and posted during that period. They can be color pictures or b&w.
Tag with ac-ValerieJardin.

The current entries can be seen here :

https://365project.org/tags/ac-ValerieJardin

I hope that this subject will interest many of you, and I am looking forward to discovering your amazing hand stories.

Etienne
January 21st, 2022
wonderful choice
January 21st, 2022
Holy guaccamole! The artist's photographs of hands are sooooooo beautiful! Splendid choice!
January 21st, 2022
interesting choice! Thanks @etienne!
January 21st, 2022
Looks an interesting challenge
January 21st, 2022
A fabulous artist! She is so very interesting and has real talent for capturing the personality of her subjects!
Excellent choice!
January 21st, 2022
Congratulations and great challenge!
January 22nd, 2022
I love these photographs! Thank you for the link. Great challenge!
January 22nd, 2022
This is more challenging than I though it would be. When I saw her pictures, I thought to myself, "Easy. Just take pictures of hands." Not so easy. I found it difficult to decide how close up to the hands I should shoot, and how much of the background I should keep. Then there's light and motion. What story are the hands telling?
January 22nd, 2022
I am really excited to give this one a go!
January 23rd, 2022
Cool and a marvelous challenge. Ms. Jardin's hand work is so expressive
February 24th, 2022
Hi Etienne @etienne hope all well with you, just a heads up that this challenge ended on Sunday so Ive taken it off the SH*T List as voting will be starting soon
February 24th, 2022
Thanks Jackie, that is perfect. I will launch the vote soon.
Write a Reply