I began photography when I retired 3 years ago. I stared shooting pictures on an almost daily base when my lovely bride of 40 years gave me a Nikon camera. I think she did it so I would not keep trying to take hers to shoot pictures on our many trips.
We live in a suburb Northeast of Atlanta.
I learned about 365 Project by an accidental meeting. Or was it fate. I was walking my dog in the park and a 365 member came by. Of course I had to comment on her camera and the conversation broadened into her participation in 365. I signed on and after 2 weeks of looking I decided I would give it a try. Thank you MaryBeth.
After a month of working in 365 and viewing many others I have decided to use a new format. I had been trying to post 3 pictures every day, even though numbers 2 or 3 may not have been the best. My new format;
• Prime Daily - The picture that I think is the best taken that date.
• Secondary Daily - A pictures taken that date that is second in quality but I feel is worthy of posting.
• Series - A group of pictures that are a theme to me. Pictures that are a group that were taken on a different day. For example, multiple pictures from a one day picture shoot but posted over time.
I have several goals:
• I want to broaden what I see as possible pictures. In the short time I have been viewing the wonderful pictures everyone has posted, I have already begun to achieve this goal. However, I have a lot of room for growth.
• I like the idea of committing to taking pictures every day.
• One of my goals is to upgrade and improve my craft. I am planning to try to shoot as much as possible in manual rather than auto settings.
I appreciate all comments and suggestion on how to improve and any new techniques.