Practicing on our annual poinsettia was one of the first photos in my project at the beginning of the year. It's hard to believe that this year is coming to an end. When I took the photo below, I tried every setting on the camera because I didn't know what any of them did. I managed to get a pretty nice photo - without a clue as to how.
I actually knew how to take this new photo. I knew how to blur the background and actually captured some bokeh, too.
Twenty one more pictures. Three weeks. I didn't get the project done exactly as I planned - life got in the way more than I would have liked but I will finish and I am hoping that I will be able to keep in touch with some of my followers who I have begun to think of as friends.