After I picked the kids up from school today, we made a visit to a nearby cemetery, mostly because I was looking for something to photograph, and I thought there might be some good shots there. Our walk through the graves certainly generated a lot of discussion and questions, some of which included:
- Can you have a pink grave?
- If I died, would you make my grave red?
- If I dug down, would I find the dead people?
- Can anyone watch the ceremony where people are put into the ground?
- What happens if it gets full?
- Could you just bury someone in your backyard and make a cross out of sticks for them?
As well as all the questions, we had tears when my son accidentally hit my daughter in the nose with a stick he was swinging wildly.
Note to self: don't bring kids along on next photo session