All in the eye of the beholder #81

April 25th, 2017

Margaret Wolfe Hungerford is apparently credited with coining the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" in 1878 and this challenge was created to endorse her views by Jeff Walker.

The objective in this challenge is to catch something most people would not consider to be photogenic, and find a way to capture it so that it comes across beautifully. You can achieve this any way you wish. The way you compose the shot or the way you use light will usually bring out the beauty of the subject. It will also help you look at your surroundings differently.

Everything is potentially a beautiful photograph. It is not a matter of finding something to photograph, but finding a way to photograph something that makes photographing, and looking at that photograph, worthwhile.

There is not a specific item or theme for this challenge. The only rule is that the subject you photograph must be something that, if people were watching you photograph it, they would be wondering what has possessed you to photograph something which seems so plain, bland, boring, or just plain ugly.

Beauty is where you find it, and it is all around us. Train your eye to see things differently.

The Eye of the Beholder 81 begins now, 25 April and will end on Monday 8 May Entries must be taken and posted within this time frame. I will choose the finalists shortly thereafter and open the voting.

The winner gets the honour of hosting EOTB 82

Tag your entries: eotb81 and copy them to this thread to keep it current.
April 30th, 2017
April 30th, 2017
May 2nd, 2017
May 2nd, 2017
@salza thanks Sally, I am convinced a lot of the half and half images could count for eotb!
May 4th, 2017
May 8th, 2017
May 8th, 2017
May 8th, 2017
@gardenfolk @yogiw thankyu for your entries
May 8th, 2017
I'm not sure what to do next. How do I find out the top ones to vote on?
May 8th, 2017
@yogiw i will be putting that up in another day or so to give everyone time to complete the challenge.
May 9th, 2017
May 9th, 2017
@kali66 I entered two photos and moved the first one to a different day so I hope I didn't mess things up. :)
May 9th, 2017
@gardenfolk as long as they are tagged i will find them :)
May 9th, 2017
@kali66 They are indeed.
Write a Reply