NEW Challenge- Shoot Without Looking

April 29th, 2017
This is a fun challenge where luck followed by creativity produces your entry. The idea is to take a photo without looking through the lens of the camera, then produce something interesting from the result. The photo can be of anything and we must be able to see it in the end product. I have provided an example using dog legs.

The challenge will begin today, April 29th, and will end on Saturday May 21st.

Please label your entries: swol-1

You may post your photos here to encourage others to join in.

Happy shooting!
April 29th, 2017
Blind shots composited into layered/ double exposures, then?
April 29th, 2017
@badskwrl if that is your pleasure, fine.
April 29th, 2017
@kathyboyles Interesting idea. will see what I can achieve.
April 29th, 2017
Hmm - should be very interesting. Will give it a go.
April 29th, 2017
Sounds like fun...will give it a go...
April 29th, 2017
@badskwrl @sarahlth @robz @linnypinny thanks all for starting it off. I'm anxious to see your creations. Kathy
April 30th, 2017
@badskwrl @sarahlth @robz @linnypinny As a note, you can enter as many times as you want as long as the photo w/o looking is taken within the time. The overlays or other material may come from any time within your own work.

******PLEASE NOTE*******
April 30th, 2017
@kathyboyles Thanks for clarifying that Kathy - always a bit confusing.
April 30th, 2017
fun one Kathy, 'shooting from the hip' is another name for it :)
April 30th, 2017
Hmmmm...will have to see if I can do something with this idea. It's my nature to correct everything- not process around it!
April 30th, 2017
@kali66 @olivetreeann thanks for giving it a try. This time perfection isn't the goal. Shooting from the hip is a good other name. Did you see my note above?
April 30th, 2017
This is fun Kathy.

My camera is just a point and click job, so it will automatically focus on whatever it is pointed at - I hope that's not cheating?
April 30th, 2017
@robz not cheating. Looks great! Thanks for posting.
May 1st, 2017
I like random and had a go :-)

May 1st, 2017
@overalvandaan thanks. Very interesting.
May 2nd, 2017

Taken at a conference where I was doing some photography for friends of mine- a row of folks sitting in comfy chairs taken while the camera was sitting in my lap.
Write a Reply