EOTB85 - Starting Now!

July 23rd, 2017
Thank you to everyone who participated in the last round, and to @brender for hosting EOTB84...

Now on to round 85! If you don't know this challenge, here is a description:

In the words of Jeff Walker, the creator of this challenge, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (quoting Margaret Wolfe Hungerford who is credited with coining the phrase in 1878).

Your objective in this challenge is to catch something most people would not consider to be beautiful, and find a way to capture it so that it comes across beautifully. You can achieve it any way you wish. This challenge will help you with your composition and lighting skills. The way you compose the shot or the way you use light will usually bring out the beauty of your subject. It will also help you look at your surroundings differently. Everything is potentially a beautiful photograph. It is not a matter of finding something to photograph, but finding a way to photograph something that makes photographing it worthwhile.

There is not a specific item or theme for this challenge. The only rule is that the subject you photograph has to be something that, if people were watching you photograph it, they would be wondering what has possessed you to photograph something which seems so plain, bland, boring, ugly, etc. Beauty is where you find it, and it is all around you. Train your eye to see things differently.

Eotb85 begins today, July 22, and will close August 4... after which i will pick a few entries for voting on...

Please tag your photos eotb85 and share them to this thread to keep it active. Have fun!
July 24th, 2017
A portion of my husbands old dirty hammock...
July 24th, 2017
Thanks for suggesting I submit this pic!

August 3rd, 2017
Always look on the bright side of life

Write a Reply