December Photography

November 16th, 2017
I really like the idea of capturing a seasonally festive photo a day for December, not just on 365 but also on Instagram. Were there any challenges/themes/tags/prompts along these lines last year that anyone knows of, particularly on Instagram or Facebook? Did anyone follow a December photo challenge last year and if so which one? I am thinking advent doors, writing of Christmas cards, baubles, putting up the tree etc. etc. There is so much to photograph in December and I want to capture & share it all! Thanks for any advice. 😊
November 16th, 2017
The December month of words will probably be christmasy!!!I know i have a list of 31 words associated with christmas to offer up when @farmreporter asks for suggestions!
November 16th, 2017
I'd love a December/Winter/Festive month long theme, or any themed challenge for that matter... inspiration is a'lacking for me at the moment :P
November 16th, 2017
@m2016
@cookingkaren

A few years ago I did a Christmas alphabet challenge, a photo to do with christmas beginning with each letter of the alphabet - you can see my photo and also my list of ideas for each letter in this blog post...

http://roachling.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/photo-scavenger-hunt-december.html

Also, I came across this list via a blogger I follow. A christmas photo challenge in which there are 24 'items' and the idea is to post a photo of the items everyday from 1st December to 24th... in any order. You could add a few extras to fill up the rest of the month should you wish but here's the list... might help get you started and you could always tweak it and change a few of the items (holly and ivy could become two separate photos for an extra word!).

This is the list provided anyway ...

Letterbox
Something handcrafted for Christmas
Favourite Christmas recipe
Christmas book(s)
Stained Glass Window
Robin
Bell(s)
Sleigh
Christmas Bauble
Holly and Ivy
Snowman
Angel
First Christmas Card received in the post
Christmas Crackers
Tree before dressed
Tree after dressed
Christmas wrapping paper
Mistletoe
Stocking or Christmas Sack/Bag
Wrapped present(s)
Winter
Father Christmas
Nativity
The Night Before Christmas

Hope you find something useful in my lengthy reply!

November 16th, 2017
@cookingkaren I'm toying with the idea of shooting only things that are either red, green, or white. Or a combination of the three.
November 17th, 2017
@roachling Thanks Louise - I loved looking at your ideas and alphabet for December - it's got me thinking :) Snow and Winter will be a challenge as it will be summer here - then again it could be Summer and Water :)
November 17th, 2017
@gilbertwood @elkereturns @m2016 @30pics4jackiesdiamond Thanks everyone, great ideas. @roachling I love the idea of an alphabet of Christmas. Just had a look at your blog 😊. I think I might do it!
November 17th, 2017
@gilbertwood @cookingkaren Glad to have been able to provide a bit of inspiration! I will look forward to seeing your photos :)
November 18th, 2017
I think there was a holiday challenge last year but I don't remember what it was called. However, I'd say go for it! Set your own up and invite others to join in. It's fun to host a challenge or theme here. I think you'll have a great response to it. Give it a simple tag so that your participants can check in and see what the others are doing.
November 18th, 2017
@roachling @elkereturns I like both these ideas. It might make an interesting pattern to do the colours in the same repeat order and see what the end result would be. Red, green white, repeat.
Write a Reply