ONE WEEK ONLY

November 20th, 2017
Done all the competitions and challenges and waiting to see if your photo makes it for voting? Is your phojo doing a now-you-see-it-now-you-don't drama with you?

Well, then, let's try this new challenge; it's new in name at least. However, this is not a challenge where our peers choose the winner. The only competition is yourself, therefore, everyone is a winner. It is aimed at claiming back our absentee phojos as well as challenge ourselves with topics that we avoid doing because we just don't like doing it, or we're just not too motivated to put in the time and the effort.

The concept is simple: a prompt for each day of the week. Seven prompts, seven photographs. One week of bliss or one week of piss, depending on how you feel about the daily prompts. Interpret the prompts as you and your camera see them. Do the whole week or just pick the days you feel like doing. And if you're in hiatus at the moment, try playing along for the week, why don't you!

If you think that this is similar to the one night stand challenge, you think correctly. It is inspired by Jerry's One-Night Stand challenge, however, I can't use that title as there is an implied proprietary/ownership to Jerry. So we'll call this One Week Only. After the week's done and dusted, we move on with our photographic life.

So here are the daily prompts chosen randomly:

Monday - Motion (panning or ICM or whatever your notion of motion is)

Tuesday - High key still life

Wednesday - Food photography

Thursday - Long exposure (silky water, light trails, ghostly images)

Friday - Lots of bokeh (embrace the shallow dof)

Saturday - Close up architecture

Sunday - Panorama

Let's start tomorrow, Monday, November 20 until Sunday, November 26. You may interchange the prompts and days as you wish, or according to your schedule or mood. You may process or post SOOC, it's all your choice. Of course, you may also tag your photos for other challenges.

We will tag our photos owo-1

And while we're at it, let's give kudos to ourselves and give each other shoutouts if there is a particular photo or two you actually like (whether it's another photographer or yourself, why not?) and post them here.

Come play along!
November 20th, 2017
Sounds like fun. But for us...holiday week...I'm thinking to switch "food" to Thursday? Well, I'll be baking pies Wednesday night, that may work out.
November 20th, 2017
coolness
November 20th, 2017
@houser934 - that would be lovely, kathryn. looking forward to it.

@kali66 - :-)
November 20th, 2017
im spreading the word...
November 20th, 2017
@kali66 - thanks, you're the best!

looking forward to your photos, kali.
November 20th, 2017
Sounds fun, and I like that we can interchange prompts/days. I need a poke with a sharp stick once in a while.
November 20th, 2017
@featherstone26 - haha! the sharp stick is no longer acceptable these days, so let this be your poke. looking forward to your photos.
November 20th, 2017
Oh this sounds fun - I'm in!
November 20th, 2017
@summerfield Okay, a dull stick works just as well. :-)
November 20th, 2017
@christinabengephotography - that's great, christina. yes, it should be fun!
November 20th, 2017
Okie dokie... will have to see what I can ome up with ๐Ÿค”
November 20th, 2017
I'm in - always love Jerry's ONS so this will be fun
November 20th, 2017
I'm in and thank you so much @kali66.
November 20th, 2017
@northy @annied @joysabin - thank you, ladies!
November 20th, 2017
I'll try to give a go. With Thanksgiving on Thursday I may have to shoot a few on the same day and fill them in though.
November 20th, 2017
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•
November 20th, 2017
sounds good...bad weather and the Thanksgiving holiday is making photography tough! will give it a try!!! Thanks!
November 20th, 2017
This sounds like fun, Vikki. I have missed seeing Jerry and his 'one night stand' challenge. Hopefully I can manage to fulfill the whole brief. Going to save the prompts on my calendar right now!
November 20th, 2017
I have been off of competitions and a bit of a stranger her on 365Project but I think I will give this one a try.
November 20th, 2017
Nice of @kali66 to tag me! This sound like fun and will be my first challenge. Itโ€™s Thanksgiving week so being able to interchange days & prompts is a huge help. Itโ€™ll be interesting to see what I can come up with! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ“ท
November 20th, 2017
Thanks Kali @kali66 for the tag. I will try to give it a go. As I'm away for business two days, I probably have to juggle the days & prompts a bit.
November 20th, 2017
Good initiative! And thanks to @kali66 for including me. I have a huge gap to fill but maybe this will be a pace maker challenge!
November 20th, 2017
hmmm maybe! kali told me - but i have never done a ICM shot - motion for today! lets'see - good idea tho as taking photos has slipped from my daily life
November 20th, 2017
@kali66 it was a one week challenge, publicised to me by Vikki, that openned my eyes to more than pointing and clicking and that photography has genres. Will share with my friends too!! Thasnks kali for nudge
November 20th, 2017
perfectly! let's play! Thanks Kali @kali66 for the tag.
November 20th, 2017
Yeah, Vicky! Thanks for rekindling this challenge. Count me in.
November 20th, 2017
This is a good idea and I think it is nice to get a challenge for inspiration. I hope I remember to make a shot every day.
November 20th, 2017
I
E-motion
November 20th, 2017
@summerfield Thank for your good idea. I like what you say "The only competition is yourself" :)

@kali66 Thank you for the tag. It's difficult for me in this time, but I will try :)
November 20th, 2017
@joemuli - thanks! you're going to do it, right?
@olivetreeann - of course! part or whole lot, is still fun. thanks.
@jackies365 - there's the additional incentive - doing all from inside the home! that would make it more fun! no pressure though. :-D thanks, Jackie.
@salza - i was going to tag you but you're here now. thank you.
@jaybutterfield - thank you, jay. looking forward to your photos.
@teresamaro - yes! thank you.
@mona65 - yay! thanks, mona.
@domenicododaro - there you go. thanks, DD.
@gozoinklings - glad to have you join in, my friend. thanks.
@30pics4jackiesdiamond - and the high key is just your cup of tea, my lady, isn't it? thanks.
@olenadole - that's the spirit! thanks, nadiya.
@overalvandaan - no problem, my friend. enjoy. thanks!
@ingajohansson - looking forward to seeing your photos. thanks.
@drnhtung - it is, all the time, isn't it? thanks and hope you can post one or two, it would be great.
November 20th, 2017
Thanks for sharing this! I just posted Monday's. Looking forward to playing along this week.
November 20th, 2017
OK here we go! I'll see what I can come up with.
November 20th, 2017
Thanks for including me, Vikki. I will try this. I don't know about some of them, but part is better than none. After all ... I am the judge.
November 20th, 2017
Brilliant idea. My phojo has gone AWOL and needs rounding up. Thanks to @pistache for spreading the word.
November 20th, 2017
@cjrussell12 - great! thank you.
@mcsiegle - you, you always come up with something. i know so! thanks, mary.
@henrir - it's true, part is better than none. looking forward to your posting, henri.
@helenm2016 - there you go! this week is the best time as any to claim back the phojo! thanks, Helen.
November 21st, 2017
I think I'm going to try this. out of phojo right now. Thank you Vicky.
November 21st, 2017
@randystreat - that's great, kathy.
November 21st, 2017
I probably won't manage many of the days, but I'm going to try! :) Thanks for the heads up @kali66
November 21st, 2017
So, one picture per day that matches the theme?

MOTION

November 22nd, 2017
Thanks,Vicky, for doing this! I'm in!
November 22nd, 2017
@paracosmia - whatever gets us through, lilia. thanjs.

@houser934 - aces, kathryn!

@granagringa - that's great, Madeline. thanks.
November 22nd, 2017
I'm fairly new to contests, so please bear with me.Does it have to be shot the day of the contest? Or can it be from another day? And can it be posted on a different day since it is now already the 22nd?
November 22nd, 2017
@mbrutus - yes, yes and yes. it is not really a contest but consider it more of a self-challenge. it shouldn't stress you out, the idea is to learn if one of the items is not what you normally do. so come, join in!
November 24th, 2017
Sorry Summerfield - got my days a bit mixed up - blaming old age!! It's a beaut activity though - really enjoying it. Cheers Rob
November 24th, 2017
I'm really enjoying this challenge since most days are taking me out of my comfort zone. I'm also taking advantage of the Ok to mix up the days. We're expecting rain on Sunday so I thought that'd be a perfect day for me to play with the bokeh technique.
November 25th, 2017
@summerfield This has really perked my phojo up, thank you!
November 26th, 2017
@robz - it's okay, the idea is to enjoy it, and glad you are enjoying this challenge. thanks.

@teresamaro - that's the purpose of this challenge - to test our comfort zone and at the same time learn and enjoy what we learn. thanks.

@fbailey - happy for you and that's the idea, right? thanks.
Write a Reply