Black and White Challenge 23= Flora

January 23rd, 2018
Thankyou for selecting me as the the host for the black and white challenge #23 by voting for my loving bugs!

I have always loved photos of flowers done in black and white, so I have chosen FLORA as the subject for this round.

I wont be picky as to the definition of flora, officially there are three categories
Native flora.- The native and indigenous flora of an area.
Agricultural and horticultural flora (garden flora).- The plants that are deliberately grown by humans.
Weed flora.- Traditionally this classification was applied to plants regarded as undesirable

I know many of you in the Northern hemisphere are under snow and cant get outside so i will accept cut flowers or even faux ones if thats all you have!

For this challenge you can you can take your photos using black and white settings in-camera, or use software to convert to black and white in post processing., I will be looking for Form accentuated by whatever lighting you choose, either outdoor/natural light or indoor /studio lighting of your own making. so think about that technical aspect as well as selecting interesting specimens.. ,

tag your entries bw-23

photos must be taken between now and the 3rd of February 2018

enjoy!

January 23rd, 2018
here is a photo i took yesterday as an example , I enjoyed the contrast between the dark leaves and the light coloured bud, and also how the light made patterns on the leaves . I accentuated these aspects of the shot using post-processing. in silverefex software. . There are many other ways to convert to black and white, but I enjoy using silverefex. This is part of the Nik software set and i think it can still be downloaed free from here

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

January 23rd, 2018
Congratulations on your win! I love the theme you chose and will definitely contribute.
January 23rd, 2018
@hrb73 looking forward to it Hydee, enjoy yourself
January 24th, 2018
Hmmm.... so... just to be clear... flora refers to things that grow, right? And not flowers exclusively? Just checking 🤓
January 24th, 2018
fabulous! I will do my best to partake :)
January 24th, 2018
@northy yeah if you are averse to flowers it can be any part of the plant! lol
January 24th, 2018
@annied you should have lots of subjects to choose from Annie
January 24th, 2018
@northy I actually thought of you when i didnt call it flowers....
January 24th, 2018
🌱
January 24th, 2018
Good pick of theme! I bet there will be some answers! 🍀
January 24th, 2018
@kali66 Gland can use any part as not many flowers around where I live at moment and cut flowers too expensive
January 24th, 2018
@sarahlth agreed Sarah, even twigs will do!
January 24th, 2018
Immediately thought of Krista's @blueberry1222 monochrome flowers
January 24th, 2018
January 25th, 2018
January 25th, 2018
January 25th, 2018
My effort an Amarillis.
January 29th, 2018

In Process
January 29th, 2018

Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way
January 29th, 2018
January 31st, 2018

February 1st, 2018
X
February 1st, 2018
@portela thanks for participating, i love the retro processing
February 3rd, 2018
Thank you Kali
February 3rd, 2018
February 3rd, 2018
@caterina she looks like a drama queen in that spotlight :)
February 3rd, 2018
@kali66 She's an exhibitionist. She has been wearing her beautiful dresses for a month now...
Write a Reply