Rainbow Challenge 2018!

February 22nd, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen,

It’s that time of the year again…

For the last few years, after the black white and grey (and red!) of February, a group of us have undertaken the Rainbow Challenge for the month of March.

I’ll be doing it again this year, and I hope that lots of you will join in after the great response we had last year. So for those who are new to 365 or new to this challenge, it goes like this:

Each day, you post an image in a different colour of the rainbow, lining them up vertically, or horizontally or indeed diagonally if that’s your preference. The grid below shows the colours that correspond with each day throughout March in the vertical format, as that’s the one that most people seem to go with.

(Some also go for indigo and then violet for their Saturday and Sunday shots, rather than purple and pink – the choice is yours)

The tag for this year is rainbow2018 and once we start posting our images, you’ll be able to see them HERE

To get an overview of how the finished calendars will look, and to get some ideas and inspiration for your rainbow shots, have a browse through our discussion thread for our completed calendars last year HERE, and see all of the images that were tagged for last year’s challenge HERE

The initial discussion thread for 2017 can also be seen HERE, to give you a fuller picture of the history of the challenge.

Do join in – it’s a lot of fun, and the resulting calendars are stunning 😊
February 22nd, 2018
I'm ready! Bring on March, time for some color after Flash of Red's black and white.
February 22nd, 2018
OOOhh I really enjoyed this last year, count me in please!! @homeschoolmom You going to do Pink April after this again Lisa!!??
February 22nd, 2018
Thanks for the reminder , looking forward to March !
February 22nd, 2018
Ha! I have a plan for this year... it might even work 🤓
February 22nd, 2018
Looking forward to loads of colour. Thank you!
February 22nd, 2018
Oh right, this was fun!
February 22nd, 2018
This sounds great - willing to have a go
February 22nd, 2018
@northy - rainbow??? that means colours, you know. :-D
February 22nd, 2018
@summerfield yes - but I plan to cheat... we’ll see if it works 🙃
February 22nd, 2018
I'll take a shot at it again! I like to jig it so that the green day hits on St. Patrick's...
February 23rd, 2018
Looking forward to it! So ready for color.
February 23rd, 2018
Im planning to do a month of minimalism/simplicity for March, maybe I can do that and the rainbow at the same time.... we'll see. Can't wait to see this in March though 😁
February 23rd, 2018
Thanks for the invite, Mel.
February 23rd, 2018
I look forward to doing this rainbow challenge again this year
February 23rd, 2018
Thanks for posting Mel, this sounds fun, very happy to give it a go
February 23rd, 2018
Would love to join in
February 23rd, 2018
i'll do it!! counte me in!
February 23rd, 2018
Thanks, I was hoping that this would happen again 😊
February 24th, 2018
@northy I loved what you did last year!

Will give it a go- but perhaps with some tweaks as I don't have a lot of purple, pink or even indigo...
February 24th, 2018
@olivetreeann i didn't finish last year.... and the app i used for background hasn't worked since IOS11... so i'll be trying something different this year... and as i said, i plan to cheat :)
February 24th, 2018
I ADORE this ideal I'm totally in!
I'm changing the calendar for myself a bit so Green falls on St. patties day - It'll have my rainbow out of order but... St. Patties day!
February 24th, 2018
I'm going to give this a try too - what fun!
February 24th, 2018
I will be doing it again this year I found last year some colours took more finding but I enjoyed the challenge and I was very pleased with my finished rainbow collage .
February 25th, 2018
I remember seeing everyone’s fabulous shots last year & being impressed by how effective it looked at the end of the month. I might give it a go! 🌈
February 25th, 2018
Sounds like fun! Please count me in 😊
February 25th, 2018
Jo
Looking forward to participating in this challenge
February 26th, 2018
I think I will do it again... I had a lot of fun last year...
February 27th, 2018
I may have to try that this year. I truly enjoyed looking at your link for all the rainbow calendar months for last year. They were truly beautiful.
February 27th, 2018
Am going to give this a try as well, sounds like fun!
February 28th, 2018
Do people tend to do this on their main default album or in an extras album?
February 28th, 2018
I’m going to give this one a go!
Looks like fun 🌈
February 28th, 2018
@cookingkaren Hi Karen, I think a lot of people do it in an extras album - I've done that myself for the last two years and probably will again this year :)
February 28th, 2018
Thanks Mel. I hope that I can complete it this year.
February 28th, 2018
@northy I’ll bet it’s monochrome...but won’t bet money.
February 28th, 2018
I think I’ll have a go in my special month album. But first I have to finish Flash of Red February. Why do I let myself get so behind?!
March 1st, 2018
Oh, green- here I thought it was red! Glad you tagged me!
March 1st, 2018
Thank you for tagging me! Looking forward to some color :)
March 1st, 2018
Thanks Mel will love to join
March 1st, 2018
@carole_sandford and I are in - if that's okay ?
March 1st, 2018
@phil_sandford of course it is, the more the merrier :)
March 1st, 2018
Ok so I'll attempt this rainbow month - I do love my colours.
March 5th, 2018
I'm doing this. Indigo and then Violet at the end. Already loving how it looks and can't wait to see them all at the end of the month!
March 6th, 2018
This is a great challenge.
March 31st, 2018
@m2016 Is there a ‘place’ to post the final rainbows?
March 31st, 2018
@phil_sandford Hi Phil - I've just posted a discussion where everyone can show their calendars :)
March 31st, 2018
@m2016 👍👍
April 1st, 2018
@m2016 I am having a problem posting my rainbow into a file and then onto your thread- Help please. I have tried using prtSc key.
Write a Reply