New Macro Challenge - Colourful Close-ups, Colourful Close-ups!!

March 21st, 2018
Thank you so much Inga for hosting the last Macro Challenge - and thanks to everybody who entered/voted in the Macro Challenge.

This is a great challenge and a good time to be starting a new Macro theme. It's Macro week in the 52 week challenge and lots of people have been producing brilliant colour macros for the rainbow 2018 month.

So, I thought we might just have the new Macro Challenge with the theme of "Colour".

The competition starts from today 22/3/2018 and it will finish on Monday 9/4/2018.

Please use the tag: macro-colour

Entries must be taken and posted within the dates given. However, you can enter as many times as you wish!!

Previous topics include: hands, music, food packaging, brushes, motion, candy, knobs, buttons, cutlery, wood, eye, jewelry, stationery, fruit or fruits, water drops, St. Patrick’s Day, feathers, food, rust, leaf, herb/spice, money, tools, shells, toys, textures, bubbles, bugs, flowers, seeds, music, key, game piece, Christmas decoration, metal, glass, stone and now colour..

Looking forward to lots of colourful close-ups!

Please feel free to post your entries on this page to help keep the thread alive.
Cheers Rob Z
March 22nd, 2018
How convenient. Did my rainbow colour macro, then saw this!
March 22nd, 2018
@yorkshirekiwi Hi Carole - thanks for entering your colour Macro - it's so much fun! I like the bokeh too! Cheers Rob
March 22nd, 2018
Rob - Monday is actually April 9th, not the 8th, and so I used the 9th in my weekly SH*T list. Let me know if that is okay with you.
If it is, perhaps you can correct the date here on your discussion page to eliminate any potential confusion.
BTW - congrats on winning the last Macro challenge with your great grains of granite shot!!
March 22nd, 2018
@farmreporter Thanks so much for letting me know - I've fixed it up. Your weekly sheet is so handy - I'm sure lots of people depend on it to keep organized - I know I do! Thanks for your congratulations too - always exciting to know that other people think your shots are OK! Cheers Rob
March 22nd, 2018
My effort macro flowers
March 22nd, 2018
@pcoulson Thanks so much Peter for entering your colour Macro - I love the combination of colours that you have caught. Thanks also for posting it here. Cheers Rob
March 23rd, 2018
Here's my attempt!
March 23rd, 2018
@ginaanderson Hi Gina - thanks so much for entering the challenge - and for posting your lovely image here. It's a great example - love the water drops! Cheers Rob
March 24th, 2018
Happy to have my macro lens out for a change today!
March 24th, 2018
@Weezilou Thanks so much for posting this here and for entering it in the macro challenge. I love the DOF - and the yumminess! Cheers Rob
March 24th, 2018
Here is my rainbow shot for today -
March 24th, 2018
@nicolecampbell Hi Nicole - thanks so much for posting this here and for entering it in the challenge. This is so intriguing - just a gorgeous colour and such a nice texture - almost like water flowing... Cheers Rob
March 24th, 2018
v w
Heres my first ever macro attempt as im just a beginner - what do you all think? I used the camera+ app for this.

March 24th, 2018
@lilbrituk Congratulations it's a fine shot. Those tiny little seeds are showing up so well. Thanks so much for entering it into the challenge - and for posting it here. Cheers Rob
March 25th, 2018

March 25th, 2018
I think yellow is the colour for spring!
March 25th, 2018
@lynbonn Thanks so much for posting this here and for entering it in the challenge. I love all of the different lighting situations. Cheers Rob
March 25th, 2018
@quietpurplehaze Hi Hazel - thanks so much for posting this here - and for entering it in the challenge. I really like all of those tones within such a cheerful image! Cheers Rob
March 26th, 2018
This is mine.

March 26th, 2018
@audreyl Wow Audrey - so many colours! And all in a grand macro - thanks so much for posting it here! Cheers Rob
March 28th, 2018
A neat plant I bought recently at a home and garden show
March 28th, 2018
@sonorobyn Thanks so much for posting this here Robyn. It's a beautiful image of a gorgeous flower! Cheers from another Rob!
March 30th, 2018
Here's another attempt :)
March 30th, 2018
@ginaanderson Thanks again Gina - this is great. And after playing with the colour wheel activity a while ago I can see why you put the blue one in the prime position - it just looks so good. Many thanks Rob
April 3rd, 2018
It's me again!! I keep taking colourful close ups :)
April 4th, 2018
@ginaanderson It's all great - and thanks so much for posting them here!! This is a good-un too! Cheers Rob
April 6th, 2018
My macro shot is accidental, I posted it today and then happened upon this thread.

April 6th, 2018
@shawnas365 That was a happy accident for us!! :) This is great for the challenge - so many colours. Many thanks for posting it here. Cheers Rob
April 6th, 2018
Rosemary flower with misty raindrops
April 6th, 2018
Hi Robyn - thanks for posting this here - it's terrific.
Write a Reply