🌳WWYD173 (what would you do?) begins today

August 20th, 2018
I was so pleased to win the last WWYD challenge, it's my favourite challenge so I was especially chuffed. Many thanks to @not_left_handed for hosting the last round and to all who participated and voted.
I'm always little nervous about making the right choice for a starting image, but you wonderfully creative folk always come up with amazing results. So this is what you have to work your magic on.

START DATE 20th August
END DATE 9th September
TAG wwyd173

For those of you that are not familiar with how this challenge works or what you're supposed to do....keep reading:

The WWYD Challenge will run from today, Monday 20th August and ends Sunday 9th September . Don’t worry about the time zone, just get your submission(s) posted by the end of the cut-off day.

Voting will take place shortly thereafter and a winner announced after a few days once the voting is closed. Voting will take several days.

So here are the rules:

- Save the starting image on your computer. NOTE: If you select the “Sizes” under the right-side menu and scroll down to the Original or Large option you can copy and paste to your browser or download.

- Upload the photo you edit to one of your albums and tag it wwyd173

- You are also encouraged to add your image to this discussion thread. Go to your edited photo, click on the arrow by your comment and fav numbers, copy the "embed" code on the left, and paste it here.

- Multiple entries are allowed.

- There are no editing rules. Edit the starting image any way you’d like. No editing software on your computer? No problem – go to a site like Picmonkey and upload/edit your pic for free. You won’t be able to use all the features but there are plenty you will be able to use.

Please use these WWYD Challenges to push yourself to try new editing techniques! If you’re just beginning work on tonality, colour control, curves, detailing, sharpening, gradients and other effects. As you get more familiar with all the editing tools you can add things like dodge and burning, layers, masking and textures. As you push yourself even more move to image extractions and full compositions. Remember to keep pushing and learning, and most of all have fun along the way!

Good luck to everyone and happy editing! Have fun! Let's get started!

August 24th, 2018
my first attempt at the challenge.. might try another edit when I get time.

August 24th, 2018

August 24th, 2018
@ulla What a great edit, I love the lens flare you've added. Thank you for posting on here
August 24th, 2018
@not_left_handed Haha, I love the old farmer, I'm not sure the horse has noticed the hay yet! As always a fab edit, thanks for posting
August 24th, 2018
@not_left_handed wow that is epic!!! Haha I love the edit!!!
August 28th, 2018
August 29th, 2018
Thought it would suit a make over with some Scottish photographs
August 29th, 2018
@yorkshirekiwi Love it Carole, much prettier then flat Lincolnshire, though we do have some highlanders down the road
September 1st, 2018
We are having a cold spell now.
September 7th, 2018
@ludwigsdiana well done
Write a Reply