October Word of the Month Request

September 25th, 2018
It is once again time to submit suggestions for next month’s words. Time is just zipping by with the summer now over and winter nipping at our heels.

I have finally relented and purchased the Lightroom and Photoshop package. This means I have been busy the last week importing and organizing my thousands of photos over this past week and neglecting 365. Wish there were more hours in a day!

I am impressed with the program so far and realize that it will be a huge time saver in the long run. It is just this initial organizing that is taking so much of my precious time.

The theme months seem to be very popular. There were many people who, like me, combined the September words with Richard Sayer’s @vignouse annual nifty-fifty SOOC challenge. Thank you! I am not aware of any theme month’s happening at the moment so any suggestions for the month of October are more than welcome.

It continually does my heart good to see how many people participate in this great challenge. Your constant support makes the task of coordinating the word of the month a true pleasure. A HEART felt thank you, as usual, is in order here!

Please do not worry if someone has already suggested your word - I will know how popular it is when I see it submitted more than once and will be sure to include it. I will be taking suggestions until Saturday with the intention of doing up the list that evening.

Have a great week!
September 25th, 2018
Oops, I first again!!!

Up
Down
Black
White
Odd
Even
Alert
Tired
Home
Away
Smart
Scruffy
Real
Fake
Old
New

Think I got a theme running there, brain addled
September 25th, 2018
Ha new words,

Wine
Grapes
Stews
Pizza
Pasta
Antique
Bridge
Water
River

Like @30pics4jackiesdiamond Jackie I have a bit of a theme........14 days Italy Hurray!
September 25th, 2018
Just a few thoughts......

Shoes
Mirror image
Pattern
Shadows
Hat
Extraordinary
News
Secret
Spin
Official
Tea
September 25th, 2018
Ko*
Trash
Garbage
Litter

Not because its funny but to make all people aware of the mess we can make... and you find it everyhere, so its not so hard to make a picture each day :)
September 25th, 2018
International Coffee Day
Queen's Birthday
World Vegetarian Day
Elder's Day
Feast of St Francis of Assisi
Mountain
leaves/flowers
Tower
September 25th, 2018
Exciting news about PS and LR It starts as a hate relationship but in time you love it
September 25th, 2018
Oh my gosh, where did September go. Didn't we just do this. LOL I have Lightroom, too, Wendy, and I really like it but have not imported my pictures into it. I just import one picture, edit it, and save it to another folder. Enjoy yours.

trees
autumn colors
Halloween
black
pumpkin
lights
candle
September 27th, 2018
I need to give in and go down the PS / LR path but I think I'll need to upgrade my laptop first.

camping
fire
festivals
portrait
buttons
string
texture
simplicity
extravagance
joy
September 30th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond
Thanks for taking the time to send in your suggestions - and an idea for an October theme! (October Opposites!)
September 30th, 2018
@jacqbb
Well I noticed the Italian theme right away - have a great time and enjoy the warm weather!
September 30th, 2018
@madeinnl
It's a great idea to draw attention to this perpetual problem.
September 30th, 2018
@joansmor
It's funny how different places of the world celebrate the Queen's birthday on different months. Thank you for the suggestions!
September 30th, 2018
@mittens
I'm with you noticing the time flying by! Soon it will be Christmas - and I will still be behind, lol!
Thank you for your suggestions.
September 30th, 2018
@merrelyn
Really enjoying LR so far = so much to learn but a great tool once I know it.
Thank you for suggestions. I notice that many people sent in opposite theme suggestions (like your simplicity and extravagance)
Write a Reply