Why do I have two profile pics?

November 17th, 2018
I changed my profile photo yesterday to one taken last week. If I go to my settings, it is there. When I comment, the old one is there too. How can I remove it?
November 17th, 2018
just leave it, it will update in time.
November 17th, 2018
nice new profile pic, diana. :-)
November 17th, 2018
I have three!!!! Depends on which device I use as to which one the magic monkeys use!!!
November 17th, 2018
I find my profile pic differs for different people and it's usually down to who has cleared their cookies or logged out. Some people seem to have never cleared their cookies and cache and have one that I deleted months ago.
November 17th, 2018
@casablanca oooh, how do I clear cookies???!! If I was Canadian of American, I'd just eat them as biscuits!! No seriously, how do I do that??
November 17th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond What are you using? Phone? Mac? Windows?
November 17th, 2018
@casablanca phone, tablet, lap top- all Android. I'll Google it later!!
November 17th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Yes, do. I clear all cookies and history daily. It's a good practice to do regularly because it prevents cookies from continually tracking you across the web, it means you get the most recent page from a website (not the one cached, which means the version you used last time that is kept for quicker loading) and it will frequently speed up your device.

It means you need to know your passwords so you can get back in, but it really is a good plan to do this frequently. Some browsers can be set to delete all cookies and clear history on exit. Others have to be done manually through Settings. Where you find it differs slightly from device to device, but I would highly recommend it.
November 17th, 2018
@casablanca I recently started using this program in my web browser called Cookie Monster. I has has a handy little icon up in the corner of my browser and I can easily set up cookie permissions and quickly delete cookies as I leave websites. I love it... Haha this is kind of straying from the subject, but I don't often see other people online who think about deleting and controlling cookies like I do.
November 18th, 2018
@kali66 @summerfield @30pics4jackiesdiamond @stephomy @casablanca Thanks everyone for your input, the issue has been resolved. I have the CC Cleaner on my PC which also removes cookies. I use it weekly :-)
November 18th, 2018
@casablanca well that was scary!!! I couldn't get back onto 365 or Outlook. Had to turn back on cookie permissions will get myself a cookie eater app!! I'm not tech illiterate, but definitely not tech savvy!!!
November 18th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Usually I find that the first attempt to log back in can fail because it can't find its own cookies. The second attempt actually works normally because it planted cookies during the first attempt. It's all completely cuckoo to me but it's still an excellent practice to do regularly. I am not very techie savvy either - I just know the things I know and there are zillions of things that I am clueless about! All the best xxx
Write a Reply