Technique Challenge Astropohotography update

December 12th, 2018
So far there has been little interest in this challenge with only two entries. The next few days the gemininds meteor shower reaches its peek https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/geminids.html .

So if your fortunate to get clear skies its worth pointing your camera to the skies and seeing if you can capture a meteor! You will need a tripod but other than that any camera that you can set a long shutter speed on will do the job. Basic staring point would be a the widest aperture you can get, ISO around 1600 to 3200 and a shutter speed of between 15 and 30 seconds dependent on the lens/camera used.

Original post can be found here
https://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/32411/new-technique-challenge-astrophotography

Good Luck!
December 12th, 2018
Yeah ... I keep thinking about it... but we’ve been in a constant state of gloomy overcast for the last few weeks... right now Saturday is projected to be clear - so if that holds out maybe I’ll have a chance to get this done!
December 13th, 2018
same, when the skies were clear i was so tired i couldnt be bothered and now its been cloudy for a while. will try
December 13th, 2018
I do plan to go out and shoot something during the time frame of this challenge. We are also experiencing some cloudy nights at present so I don't know if I'll get to see the meteors or not. We'll see if nature cooperates!
December 13th, 2018
hmm 3-5 am would be best in that direction, and cloudy conditions predicted, but i will set an alarm and see
December 13th, 2018
Clouds, clouds and more cloud -maybe soon! Surely there can't be grey skies for the rest of the year!
December 13th, 2018
Clouds, clouds, more clouds and rain
December 13th, 2018
@northy @kali66 @olivetreeann @kiwinanna @jgpittenger Thanks for the replies let's hope there are some clear skies! The challenge runs until the new year so there's bound to be some clear skies before then I hope. I also meant to add that there is a comet visible this week it peaks around the 15th and should be to the left of the seven sisters constellation assuming you have clear skies!
December 13th, 2018
Come on Richard!! Astro forecast brilliant, weather forecast overcast!!
December 13th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond that's why I let the challenge run to the new year! They has to be clear sky at some point...
December 14th, 2018
ugh the sky cleared, i woke up at 12.30 and thought i would wait a couple more hours, woke up at 5.30 when it was all over...
Write a Reply